Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance and turns it on its head.
At Cover, we want to become the largest and most customer centric insurance company in the world.
Founded in 2016, Cover is a mobile-first insurance platform licensed in all 50 states, working with over 35 carriers and underwriting our own insurance products. We were part of Y Combinator’s W16 batch, and have gone on to raise $37 million across three funding rounds backed by world class investors.
We’re growing fast. In the past year we’ve scaled the team across our San Francisco and Toronto offices. Across our diverse and multi-skilled team we’re working together to deliver a service that’s effortless to interact with, transparently priced, and built on a sustainable and long term footing.
We’re pushing hard to make our vision of insurance a reality and we want dedicated, inquisitive and collaborative people who are ready to play their part in achieving our goal.
As a Senior Developer, you’ll have input on how we design and build our systems to scale up our product offerings and support customer needs. We’ll be asking you to help with planning and documenting the work being done, including UML diagrams to technical/bug tickets and more. We believe that proper planning comes from laying out what we plan to do early and clearly. As a part of this role, we’ll also be looking for you to bring your experience to the table, weighing in on risk and implementation strategy, helping to mentor and pair with more junior developers, and helping with code reviews.
What you’ll be doing everyday:
- Design and develop new features for our main application
- Monitor the application’s performance and address issues as they arise
- Help plan the roadmap with other developers, managers and product stakeholders
- Mentor other developers and help establish engineering quality standards
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience building and scaling user-focused mobile/web applicationsT
- he passion. You want to make a difference and see the impact of what you do working on mission critical systems.
- The collaborative approach. You know how to write clean, easy-to-understand code. You strive for perfection and have a history of shipping well-tested code quickly.
- The communication skills. You have outstanding oral and written skills. You can translate business to technical and vice versa easily. You are comfortable working with stakeholders at any level.
- Good delegation and time management skills
What we Offer:
- The opportunity to work remote anywhere in North America industry leaders to be at the forefront of innovation in insurtech
- Stock options to give you a stake in the long term success of the company
- Unlimited vacations to always put your wellness first
- Opportunity to take ownership on key initiatives and carve out the career path that you desire
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.