Think insurance is boring? We did too. So we built a company that takes everything you think you know about buying insurance and turns it on its head.
At Cover, we want to become the largest and most customer centric insurance company in the world.
Founded in 2016, Cover is a mobile-first insurance platform licensed in all 50 states, working with over 35 carriers and underwriting our own insurance products. We were part of Y Combinator’s W16 batch, and have gone on to raise $37 million across three funding rounds backed by world class investors.
We’re growing fast. In the past year we’ve scaled the team across our San Francisco and Toronto offices. Across our diverse and multi-skilled team we’re working together to deliver a service that’s effortless to interact with, transparently priced, and built on a sustainable and long term footing.
We’re pushing hard to make our vision of insurance a reality and we want dedicated, inquisitive and collaborative people who are ready to play their part in achieving our goal.
The Cover Product & Design team is looking for an experienced Product Manager with a passion for building digital products that customers love to join our growing international team. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment positioned for rapid growth and work with cross-functional teams in the US, Canada and Europe to design, build, launch and optimize cross-sell/upsell products that generate new revenue streams and deliver on the company’s vision and strategy. You will coordinate with the team to define and prioritize the product roadmap, manage the overall product development process, and leverage analytics to gain actionable insights and guide continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do:
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs and experiences in the US personal lines insurance space.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and develop upsell offerings that generate new revenue streams and are complementary to Cover’s core insurance products in the independent agent and direct to consumer channels.
- Collaborate with company leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to develop, refine, prioritize, and execute the product roadmap.
- Create buy-in for your product vision with business stakeholders, product development colleagues, and others.
- Partner closely with your product, analytics, UX design and engineering colleagues at every stage of the product lifecycle from ideation and design through release and iteration.
- Translate product strategy and roadmap into detailed requirements in the form of product and go to market plans, user journeys, user stories and other artifacts.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact. Deliver high quality, delightful user experiences with quick time-to-market/value.
- Contribute alongside your product and engineering colleagues in product development best practices, process improvement and innovation.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 4-7 years experience in technology/SaaS product management in B2B2C/B2C insurtech, fintech or related fields.
- Experience designing new products and evaluating 3rd party partnership opportunities and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to define product vision, roadmap and backlog for the products & features you design and manage.
- Experience working closely with business, analytics, UX and engineering stakeholders to deliver high-quality, delightful products, features, and user experiences.
- Experience in agile software development combined with exceptional execution skills to drive impact throughout the product lifecycle, from concept through launch and iteration.
- Strong leadership, project management and organization skills honed through working on fast-paced, cross-functional, multi-national development projects.
- Strong teamwork and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills across internal, partner and customer audiences.
- A solid understanding of insurance/financial services, marketplaces, affiliate/offer marketing, and/or partnership development is a plus.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work remote anywhere in North America with industry leaders at the forefront of innovation in insurtech.
- Stock options to give you a stake in the long-term success of the company.
- Unlimited time off to always put your wellness first.
- Opportunity to take ownership on key initiatives and carve out the career path that you desire.
- An engaging and fun work environment, plus many more perks.
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.