About the job
In this role you will be part of a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, and engineers in the creation of data-driven Fintech products that make travel planning easier and deliver them to millions of users.
This role has a tremendous impact on the vision and success of the company. It's a unique opportunity to join one of the most innovative teams, get access to fascinating and massive data sets with market and behavioral data, a huge personal growth trajectory, and a high potential upside of pre-IPO stock options.
We are looking for someone who has a real bias for action, takes ownership, thrives on autonomy and delivers results. A smart creative with a proven record of solving hard problems and deep understanding of data, product and business.
An Ideal candidate has:
- Coding abilities with languages like Python, SQL, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and critical thinking competencies
- Statistics Commercial Awareness (works backwards from making money to the business)
- Industry experience (e.g. Booking, Uber, Lyft, google, Facebook, Zillow etc)
- Has deployed ML algorithms into production using latest technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Has a proven track record of solving complex problems with in depth understanding of data, product and business impact
- Has experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Amplitude, Big Query)
Perks of working with us:
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
Despite the pandemic’s impact on the travel industry, Hopper has emerged stronger than ever. As the travel industry continues to rebound, Hopper has demonstrated significant outperformance with its category-leading mobile-only marketplace, delivering value to customers and supply partners with the company’s proprietary suite of fintech offerings.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper’s valuation is now over $5B, which is more than triple our valuation from early 2020.
- According to Apptopia, Hopper was the #1 most downloaded OTA in the US in 2021. The app has over 70 million downloads.
- Given the success of its travel fintech, Hopper recently launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud, where any travel provider can unlock a totally unique revenue stream by seamlessly integrating and offering Hopper’s travel content and fintech products. Hopper Cloud partners include Capital One, Kayak, Marriott, Amadeus, Trip.com, and MakeMyTrip.
- And all this recent growth is just the beginning. There are still so many new opportunities we’re excited to tackle in the next year!