At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you'll make
As Senior Product Designer, Digital Experience Studio
, you will be responsible for partnering with tech, product management, analytics, research and business stakeholders, focused on digital marketing experiences and e-commerce
across all Loblaw brands
. Reporting into the Director of Product design on a team of 2 designers, you’ll create solutions that inspire and delight our customers. You’ll be excellent at visual design and art direction and well versed in design systems thinking. You will work in a collaborative environment with a fantastic culture, partnering with team members across the organization to contribute to the overall success of Loblaw Digital, and our customers.
What you'll do
- Problem Discovery, Definition & Goal Setting: You’ll collaborate with your team to ensure that problems, initiatives, and outcomes are well-defined and documented based on objective data. You’ll facilitate discovery sessions and workshops that align your team around clearly defined problem statements and goals.
- Interaction Design: You know when and why to apply interaction design processes to achieve the right outcomes with your team. Your focus will be in the interplay between words, visuals, space, time, and behaviours of digital user interfaces. Your work product will include journey maps, service blueprints, information architecture, user flows, and wireframes.
- Art Direction & Visual Design: You’ll design the high-fidelity interfaces that we build. You understand how to convey visual personality, tone, look and feel, and the flourish that is appropriate to your product.
- Design Systems Thinking: You’ll ensure that design solutions utilize and further the team's design system, and leverage or iterate on existing patterns whenever possible. You’ll identify undefined or inconsistent patterns and propose scalable solutions. You’ll encourage and facilitate the shared naming of elements across design and development on the team.
- Design Research, Validation & Iteration: You’ll contribute to and lead user and market research activities, and synthesize their results. You’ll leverage a range of mixed methods tools from generative to evaluative, experimentation, and in-market performance to improve your work. You’ll track the performance of your work post-launch and continue to optimize based on data.
- Inclusive Design: You’ll ensure that our digital products can be experienced by everyone, reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. You have an applied understanding of AODA design requirements and can apply knowledge of inclusive design ‘grey areas’ that may not be legal requirements, but improve our digital products for everyone.
Does this sound like you?
- The Team Champion: You build trust with your team, partners, and stakeholders by leading with curiosity and empathy, treating them as equals, and setting and achieving shared outcomes. You are energized by sharing the value of our practice with our teams, teaching our ways of working, and elevating our team's profile within the UX community.
- The Candid Collaborator: You provide clear and direct feedback regularly, which benefits your partners and team members. You're comfortable with being uncomfortable, and approach difficult situations with optimism. You care personally, challenge directly, and communicate with candor and courage.
- The Critical Thinker: You ask questions to clarify ambiguous problems, and listen actively in order to understand opportunities to improve experiences and processes. You are resilient to change, invigorated by growth, and are constantly learning and challenging the norms around you.
- The Conductor: You hold yourself and your team accountable for your work and outcomes. You advocate for ideal conditions for success, lean into difficult conversations about priorities, and recognize when compromise and change is needed.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.