At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
As the Senior Training Manager, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of sale force training at M-KOPA to ensure we continue to develop and support highly effective, productive, and motivated sales agents.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Operations, this is a group role that will work across all M-KOPA markets with the in-country sales and trainer teams.
You will be responsible for maintenance and enhancement to current methodologies and systems for onboarding new sales recruits, upskilling existing sales agents, and ensuring ongoing productivity. The position will oversee the full end-to-end activities involved in training design, training sign-off, training coordination, and train-the-trainer deployment. You will refine M-KOPA’s training regimes, coordinate training in the field and monitor the impact on sales performance.
What will you do:
- Lead the design and management of M-KOPA's training program, including content creation, learning management system maintenance, sales collateral, and other training materials.
- Build an overall sales curriculum that includes the delivery of static and interactive training modules.
- Establish role-specific job aids, facilitator and participant guides, on-the-job training systems, and demonstration/role-play models.
- Design all training methods informed by the needs and priorities of our frontline teams and aligned to the business objectives.
- Manage any external partners/vendors used to support creative content design or learning management tools.
- Collaborate with department heads and in-country teams to roll out training in the field.
- Support the training leads and trainers in all M-KOPA markets to ensure the effective deployment and adoption of training programs aligned with the country's priorities and KPI objectives.
- Build train-the-trainer systems and lead the set-up of these programs to cascade new content and methods throughout the organization
- Partner with HR, Marketing, Data, and Sales teams to identify areas that require training support, develop program requirements, set delivery plans, and track performance
- Champion continuous training improvement by closely monitoring the effectiveness of M-KOPA’s training and development programs
- Work closely with the in-country teams to drive the adoption of new training methods and track adherence to new protocols.
- Measure program delivery quality and evaluate the effectiveness of sales onboarding, sales conversion, and overall agent productivity.
- Review the progress and upskilling of sales representatives.
- Provide insights from users in the field and design the systems and KPIs to regularly report out training results to management teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- You are passionate about our mission of making financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone.
- You have strong sales and business operations experience, with over 2- 3 years of experience in a training development role, preferably as a manager overseeing a team of trainers.
- You enjoy traveling and working across multiple markets.
- You have a proven track record of successfully facilitating training campaigns through instructional design, adult learning methodologies, and learning evaluation models.
- You have developed expertise in using digital tools and platforms to deliver interactive training content for frontline teams.
- You are a detail, results-focused individual with excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- You are an exceptional communicator – both verbally and written – and able to deliver information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner to all stakeholders.
- You love inspiring individuals to get the best out of them and have excellent organizational skills.
- You are highly motivated and have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines with demonstrate composure.
- You love a fast-moving environment with frequent change and a sense of urgency to get the job done and enjoy collaboration across multiple teams and functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or 2 to 3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.