At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you’ll make
As the Director of Product Management, Joe Fresh & Marketplace, you will lead the product management function for 2 different businesses.
Joe Fresh is our oldest ecomm business at LD, that is being transformed to an industry leading fashion experience. It contains 2 facets: the customer experience, and the fulfillment systems powered by our Ship from Store network.
Marketplace is our youngest ecomm business at LD was established in 2019 which offers home/baby/pet products from 3rd party sellers through a ship to home model which lives in the PC Express ecosystem. It has 2 facets: The customer experience, and also the seller experience.
Working on 2 businesses at the same time is an exciting challenge, and the synergies are many. You’ll be part of the Business Headquarters group (other businesses include PC Express & Shoppers Drug Mart). You’ll own the front end customer & fulfillment experiences for your business and help drive your business’ results. You’ll partner closely with the Helios Group (our platform for common services) to bring your products to life.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the Product Strategy and Roadmap for each business in collaboration with your team and stakeholders
- Build strong partnerships with each business’ Leadership team, and our enterprise counterparts to understand their challenges and goals. You’ll contribute to each businesses visions & OKRs.
- Work closely with your Tech, Design and Program Management peers to bring our product vision & roadmap to life with strong discovery and metrics.
- Lead and mentor 2 teams of Product Managers to build a high performing, outcome driven teams. (2 PMs in Joe Fresh, and 2 in Marketplace)
- Drive implementation of strong processes, and continual improvements in ways of working to ensure that we have good alignment and communication amongst our team and other businesses.
- Collaborate with Helios (our common platform) partners to build amazing shared components and services that help all of our businesses succeed.
- Contribute to the evolution of our Product Craft at Loblaw Digital
Does This Sound Like You?
- You are a strong Product Leader:
- You have at least 7+ years of hands-on experience leading the end-to-end creation and development of products and experiences that deliver efficiency and process improvement at a start-up or fast-growing technology company (preferably in retail/ecomm)
- You have managed product teams of 4+ product managers and have a clear point of view on how to hire, retain and grow talent
- You understand and can instill product management principles best practices and are well versed in scrum/agile.
- You are obsessed with testing and experimentation is a core pillar of how you approach product development – aka you aren’t happy unless you’ve learned something after shipping
- You know how to operate in a multi-stakeholder environment:
- You can easily build relationships and understand how to work with executive stakeholders.
- You have been part of large, cross functional teams that are working to solve complex problems and build products for consumers & colleagues
- You’re a collaborative leader who is data driven, and believes in the mantra of “strong opinions, loosely held”
- You are a multi-tasker, you can manage different priorities, strategies and visions at the same time.
- You are passionate and always improving:
- You have a growth mindset – you know there’s always a better way to do things and are willing to disrupt the status quo
- You are passionate about the ecommerce space and have a proven track record thinking outside the box to solve customer problems.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.