MLSE is looking for a client-centric, partnership marketer with a passion for sports and culture to join the Global Partnerships team. Reporting to the Manager, Global Partnerships, this role will focus on the strategic building and execution of sport marketing partnerships for some of the world’s leading and emerging brands. Our group is known for producing award winning marketing programs that raise the bar of creativity and strategic delivery. With an integrated marketing approach, the ideal candidate will be a creative, energetic and organized thought leader driven to deliver breakthrough and compelling multi-platform marketing solutions that are rooted in the sports and culture space that deliver for our fans and the key marketing objectives for our partners. If you are truly interested in creating impact through marketing in sports – we want to hear from you.
- Lead a portfolio of integrated partnerships with minimal supervision; build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through regular and pro-active contact – continually seeking to elevate the partnership
- Build and execute creative, integrated marketing solutions that deliver against partner objectives and drive affinity for our teams in the marketplace
- Stay current with all facets of the dynamic marketing mix, including digital, social media, experiential, print and broadcast; equipped with creativity and innovative ideas
- Utilize data to drive decision making for program optimization and develops detailed post-mortems on programs and year-end reports
- Provides thought leadership to partners during ideation phase and throughout delivery; sells through creative thinking by appealing to reason and connecting the work back to strategy
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the partner’s business and competitive environment to continually deliver against business objectives for both the partner and MLSE
- Develop, lead and be accountable for individual partner budgets with monthly and year end reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to fulfill responsibilities, share information and execution activations
- Proactively identifies and manages critical issues; demonstrates resilience and adapts to evolving plans and strategies; where conflicting issues on partnerships arise, able to find solutions along with the internal team
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma within in a business-related discipline preferred
- 3-5 years or proven related and meaningful experience in marketing, strategy and/or partnership marketing
- Solid comprehension of general marketing and partnership principles and a mindset for client service
- Experience in managing others with an inclusive and empathetic mindset
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally
- Creative self-starter, motivated by results and alert to change
- Ability to see the big picture and strategize accordingly
- Shown to perform well under pressure; handle multiple priorities at the same time
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required/ when applicable – this is the sports and entertainment business, after all
- A positive approach incorporating integrity, confidentially and discretion
Apply by: March 15, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.