About the job
Join our fast-growing and innovative travel company, Hopper, as a Fraud Manager. Our ambitious growth plans require a secure and reliable platform to minimize fraud and drive value in our supply chain. The Fraud team is responsible for fighting against all forms of fraud while ensuring a safe and frictionless customer experience.
As a hands-on leader, you will drive the team towards achieving its goals by monitoring and improving operational efficiency of our Payment Fraud stack. You will provide candid feedback and technical advice, support analysts in developing effective fraud detection strategies, and lead payment fraud incidents/crisis management. Your expertise in payments and fraud management will allow you to take ownership of our relationships with fraud providers and establish efficient processes for fighting chargebacks. You will lead a team of Fraud Analysts, responsible for rules configuration, projects, performance monitoring and data analysis with a consistent focus on priorities, KPI's and execution of the strategy.
As Fraud Lead, you are highly visible and take a leading role in the organization. You are the key linking pin between multiple internal teams and external suppliers. You will be accountable for the Fraud Ratio and Approval Rate, as well as share the accountability for the Fraud Chargeback result on the P&L.
We are looking for someone with excellent leadership and change management skills, who can inspire the team to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions while maintaining a focus on customer experience and data measurement in the online travel space. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive significant value and make a lasting impact on the future of Hopper. Come join our team and help us monetize our vision while minimizing fraud!
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in risk management in a card not present environment, with extensive knowledge of the Payment Card Industry and chargeback processes.
- 3+ years management, mentoring and coaching experience within a global company
- Working knowledge of SQL and Hadoop
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills and ability to analyse large data sets and attention to detail
- You enjoy having a strategic impact, connecting with other leaders on opportunities
- You can guide a data science team with the right questions to answer, turn those answers into business value, and leverage analytics to drive product decisions
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!