As a valuable member of the Food & Beverage team, you will prepare Quick Service menu items and condiments, while ensuring championship service in a high-paced environment. You will efficiently maintain kitchen and concession areas, following the guidelines presented by the Toronto Public Health Board.
- Gather, wash, cut, season, cook, and store quality ingredients in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area in accordance with the Toronto Public Health Board.
- Maintain complete personal hygiene at all times while on duty, such as washing hands at all necessary times, wearing a clean, pressed uniform, and restrained hair.
- Ensure storage of all food ingredients in their respective areas, using accurate rotation.
- Demonstrate the accurate use of all kitchen equipment, in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Maintain a high level of quality and consistency.
- Report all equipment problems and food product discrepancies to a Supervisor.
- Ability to train co-workers on product knowledge, specs and Teamwork.
- Ability to advise and delegate tasks to co-workers.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Supervisors.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the need arises
- Knife handling skills an asset
- Food Handler Certification is recommended
- Knowledge and skill level to work in a variety of kitchen locations
- Willing to learn and apply Quick Service recipe specifications within a designated time frame
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a team-focused environment
- A positive outlook!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.