At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
As a Senior Software Secuirty Engineer you will advance security culture and security awareness within the whole Loblaw Digital software development community. Success in this role means ensuring the security of software and web applications throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You will work closely with the development team to implement security best practices and identify potential security risks.
What You'll Do
- Conduct security assessments: Conduct security assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities both in our existing systems and how our teams write and deploy new code.
- Implement security best practices: Implement security best practices, such as secure coding practices, encryption, access control, and authentication, to ensure the security of software and web applications.
- Perform code reviews: Review code for potential security vulnerabilities and suggest improvements.
- Keep up to date with security trends: Keep up to date with the latest security trends, technologies, and vulnerabilities.
- Educate the development team: Educate the development team on security best practices and provide guidance on secure coding practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders: Collaborate with stakeholders, including Software Engineering leadership and Technical Program Management to advance security culture.
- Represent Loblaw Digital and partner closely with Enterprise Security teams on company-wide security related initiatives.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficient software developer with a focus on Security.
- Strong knowledge of security best practices, such as secure coding practices, encryption, access control, and authentication.
- Experience with security testing tools and techniques, such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and code review.
- Solid experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of systems and microservices design.
- Strong understanding of security architecture.
- Some understanding of cloud architecture in GCPCI/CD experience (GitLab IC, Jenkins, Team City).
- You are opinionated about what it takes to produce great software but remain receptive to others’ ideas.
- You have developed large applications in a team environment.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.