We're looking for a VIP Events and Services Assistant to support with our world-class VIP Hospitality operations and programming across all of our teams and LIVE vertical and venues. You will be supporting in the development of compelling VIP programs and be part of a team of operational experts to ensure all internal and external experiences and events are planned and executed flawlessly. You have hospitality and concierge experience and are proactive and curious with an innovative and strategic mindset with high-level attention to detail – these qualities are key to being successful in this role.
- Support a team of high-performing individuals with large and diverse portfolios across multiple properties (Leafs, Raptors, TFC, Argos and LIVE) and venues (Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Budweiser Stage and History)
- Support in the development of bespoke experiences to deliver best-in-class service and hospitality to our most valued VIPs and stakeholders
- Being organized and detail-oriented will be absolutely critical in this role. You will support project managers in all phases of the event development, execution and post-reconciliation, including but not limited to:
- keeping program documents organized and up-to-date, supporting with daily team deliverables, attending meetings with key stakeholders and capturing detailed notes, managing schedules and staying on top of timelines
- Development of program documents, such as program briefs, event overviews, hotel briefs, rooming lists, transportation grids, itineraries, client profiles, attendee lists, etc
- Sourcing restaurants and venues and coordinating reservations; vendor negotiation, and clear communication of expectations to ensure VIPs are handled with the utmost care
- Supporting with the development of program budgets and tracking our spend as quotes and actual costs come in, and flagging any overage
- Program registration and guest communication
- Final program reconciliation and post-mortem
- Proficient in content design including signage, menus, website design, itineraries, email headers, etc
- Assisting with gifting fulfillment and away experience packing
- Assisting with building visual storytelling presentations to support all levels of the organization, including our senior leadership team, effectively communicating sophisticated concepts into consumable strategic plans
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competing or complimentary best practices to contribute innovative recommendations that help elevate our VIP experiences
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Proven experience in VIP Hospitality, Client Servicing and Events/Experiences, or relevant post-secondary education in complementary field
- Must be an effective communicator that can convey information efficiently and build strong relationships with external clients and internal key stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as a team, while balancing multiple tasks and deliverables
- High attention to detail, organized and creative
- Internally motivated, driven and a resourceful problem solver on the fly, knows how to find answers to provide the best solution and knows when to escalate
- Demonstrated dedication to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Experienced user, or ability to learn pertinent event technology and programs: CVENT, Microsoft 360 - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- The flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, weekends due to the nature of our events
Apply by: March 24, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.