A stellar opportunity to have a massive impact on the Hopper Fintech team! The Flexibility protection team within Hopper Fintech has created brand new products and experiences in the award-winning Hopper mobile apps to give peace of mind to travel customers. As Hopper expands beyond a consumer travel app, we are reimagining how these products can be brought to new groups of users, and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
In your role as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work closely with product managers, designers, business leaders, and the other engineers on the team to build foundational services that will be core to the business going forward. In addition, you will design systems that enable us to move quickly while ensuring high code quality and scalability standards. You'll relentlessly pursue paths to improve Hopper and its fintech products to make travel a better experience for all, and to make Hopper the best place to book travel.
• 6+ years experience thriving in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale
• The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
•.Experience designing, building and operating distributed systems with high performance, reliability and throughput
• Experience and passion for mentoring team members
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
• Excelled in an environment with cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Product Designers, Software Developers, and other highly skilled specialist
• Backend microservices development experience with Scala or Java
• Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in the air travel domain
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us!