At OPB, the health, safety and wellness of our employees, clients, vendors, and stakeholders is our top priority. Recognizing the benefits of working from home and the collaborative teamwork experience in the office, we have commenced a gradual return to the workplace and are in the process of implementing a hybrid work model. Eligibility to participate in the hybrid work model will be assessed based on the requirements of the role. To learn more about our hiring protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our Careers site at https://www.opb.ca/about-opb/careers.
As the Finance Coordinator, you will provide accounting and cash flow administration for pension plans administered by OPB; which will include, but may not be limited to the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), as well as the Provincial Judges Pension Plan (PJPP), and the Retirement Compensation Arrangement (RCA). You will ensure that cash flow needs are met and no co-mingling of pension assets occur. You will use your detailed understanding of financial reporting systems data structures and apply that knowledge to the use of JetReports and its applications. You will analyze daily cash receipts and uses, while applying understanding of historical and expected cash in order to determine the level of cash required in coming periods, create daily cash summaries and prepare related journal entries. You will prepare annual cash flow forecasts for all managed plans and will communicate results to relevant stakeholders and make recommendations on cash movements between OPB’s operating bank accounts and the investment portfolio, while ensuring adequate daily level of cash is available in the operating bank accounts and any excess amounts are sent for investment. You will be responsible for addressing and clearing direct cheque service exceptions and any ad-hoc cheque verification requests from financial institutions and coordinate biller system receipts. You will ensure the payment of cost recovery invoices for managed pension plans via inter-account transfers and create transfer requests with supporting documentation for executive approval. As well, you will liaise with the Client Services team and advise of cash inflow information for cash management functions. You will support the invoicing process for charge-backs to employers and the designated benefits provider. You will also support the creation of managed plans quarterly and annual financial statements, the design of finance-related reports, and assist other finance cash flow functions as required.
• Demonstrated experience, detail understanding, and sound judgement in providing accounting and cashflow administration services.
• Proficient data analysis skills to support the extraction and manipulation of data into usable reports to facilitate effective decision making. Ability to synthesize raw data and transforming it into meaningful information.
• Well-developed skills in the operation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV or similar financial accounting systems.
• Ability to use knowledge to evolve existing processes/procedures and/or develop new processes/procedures to address new business requirements.
• Detail oriented and effective communications skills to provide and solicit information to complete assigned work and resolve discrepancies.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to review financial data for reasonability and cashflow forecasting; monitoring and making recommendations on cash movement. Ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstances and prioritize work effectively.
• Proficient investigative and research skills to assess, interpret, and report on complex financial information to support the generation of reports and/or to recommend courses of action.
• Initiative driven, solid attention to detail skills, and adept at applying sound judgement to create accurate accounting entries related to the cash management function, generate employer invoices for chargeback, and resolve issues within the requirements of established policies and procedures.
• Ability to work collaboratively and thrives in a team environment.
Please submit your resume if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
This competition is open to all employees of OPB and has been advertised on LinkedIn.
OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.