As a valuable member of the Conversions team, you will deliver championship service throughout the organization. Under the direction of the Manager and Assistant Manager of Conversions, you will be directly involved in the supervision of staff responsible for the assembly and decommissioning of equipment/materials pertaining to the changeover process into basketball, hockey, lacrosse football, soccer and all live events as well as monitoring building arena standards while these games and events occur within any of our several venues under the MLSE umbrella.
- Lead hourly, part-time and contract workers in daily, pre-event, event and post-event conversion and set-up services for the Arena and provide hands-on training to the conversion team.
- Guide team in construction and precise placement of House stage, proper alignment of the basketball floor, goal alignment, height, and level and reading AutoCAD drawings.
- Participate in the effective operation of retractable seating and all mechanical aspects of the seating.
- Review conversion tasks, outlines, and schedules daily to ensure that all requirements are clear and the expectation of the setup is understood before work begins.
- Assist with various administrative tasks including, but not limited to; performance reviews and corrective action feedback.
- Knowledge of conversion standards to hold staff accountable and ensure a positive and professional image is maintained.
- Complete pre-shift briefings, and attendance checks, manage breaks and complete a comprehensive checklist of each conversion to ensure the proper conditions and that all safety aspects are met.
- Knowledge of safety equipment, standards, systems and OSHA guidelines.
- Receive supervision and direction from the Conversion Manager and Director of Building Operations.
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Proven experience in a multipurpose Arena
- Problem-solving experience and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with venue set-ups and material handling equipment is an asset.
- Strong leadership characteristics with the ability to lead up to 15-25 workers at one time.
- Creative, highly motivated and team player, with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational abilities, and provide positive/consistent leadership that will motivate staff.
- Must be able to work overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Adaptable to changes and work in a multi-client environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Apply by: June 7, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.