At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
Our Senior Manager, Technical Program Management position is a people-leader role that influences how we operate at Loblaw Digital; responsible for not only ensuring that eCommerce Technology initiatives are delivered on-plan, but also ensuring collaboration and enablement amongst our cross-functional teams. Our network of team members is deployed across multiple domains, businesses, and shared capabilities…we operate as a unit with a vision focused on: bridging functions by making connections, inspiring transparency, communicating facts clearly, and enabling solution-forward ideas collaboratively.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Program Management (TPM) you will manage a domain of initiatives/projects that span across multi-disciplinary teams. You will create and track detailed plans, manage, and resolve issues and risks, manage teams directly and indirectly, and communicate status and priorities through succinct updates. Candidates should have extensive experience managing and launching large-scale eCommerce/technology projects and be comfortable communicating both technical and non-technical concepts. The intent of this role is to bring further structure and efficiency to the function, as well as support the broader domains with a focus on ensuring consistency in delivery excellence across business and technical initiatives. This role will be a mix of both tactical and strategic technical project/program management, as well as people management, stakeholder management, communication, and collaboration.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of empowered technical project managers who manageend-to-end plan management of technical solutions for business and technology initiatives
- Partner with product, technology, and business leads to drive business objectives through plan accountability and support planning against annual roadmaps, budgets, and end-to-end delivery plans
- Drive a domain of technical projects/initiatives focused on effective delivery plan management while fostering relationship management, stakeholder communication, and management of cross team dependencies; operate both strategically and tactically managing initiatives
- Facilitate and enable clear and succinct communication between cross-functional partners
- Embody our culture with both your team, the functional practice, and throughout the broader organization
Sound Like You?
- 8+ years of experience managing consumer facing eCommerce projects across web and mobile technologies (retail experience and agile environments an asset)
- Demonstrated people leader – building, managing, leading, and fostering collaboration with a team-driven mentality
- Superior inter-personal and communication skills including ability to drive, lead, and partner in cross-functional environments and communicate with both peers and senior stakeholders through forward, proactive, and strategic thinking; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills with ownership bridging both strategic and tactical needs
- Experience communicating technical constructs and concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong technical ability with experience managing technical initiatives/projects requiring data engineering work, building data pipelines, and automating processes is strongly preferred. Exposure to modern DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices around CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Availability, etc.; experience managing projects in cloud environments an asset (ie. GCP)
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.