Client Services Team Lead
At OPB, the health, safety and wellness of our employees, clients, vendors, and stakeholders is our top priority. Recognizing the benefits of working from home and the collaborative teamwork experience in the office, we have commenced a gradual return to the workplace and are in the process of implementing a hybrid work model. Eligibility to participate in the hybrid work model will be assessed based on the requirements of the role. To learn more about our hiring protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our Careers site at https://www.opb.ca/about-opb/careers.
As a key leadership role within Client Services at Ontario Pension Board, the Team Lead provides exceptional leadership, support, and subject matter expertise to operational teams or projects and business plan initiatives as assigned to deliver operational and client service excellence. You will develop trusted relationships to partner and collaborate closely with business partners across the organization. You will apply leadership and mentoring skills to promote a culture of results driven teamwork and collaboration, optimize team effectiveness and promote knowledge transfer and relationship building. You will foster a continuous improvement mindset and work with management and peer leaders to advance client experience and service excellence strategies.
As a multi-incumbent role, the Team Lead position is intended to have the commensurate depth and breadth of skills and pension lifecycle knowledge to support any operational or project portfolio (including the Client Care Centre), which may shift from time to time based on business needs.
As a Team Lead of an operational team, you will:
• Effectively coordinate the flow of work and play an active role in escalation management to ensure superior client service delivery and timely implementation of client service delivery decisions.
• Plan and schedule work assignments, set priorities and objectives, identify service level risks, and provide performance feedback by identifying issues and opportunities.
• Provide business, system, and technical expertise by guiding staff on complex and sensitive issues and analysis.
• Monitor and analyze client service delivery, develop metrics to identify trends, risks, and opportunities; proactively engage with peers to resolve barriers to operational excellence; recommend and implement solutions to enhance overall service delivery and client experience.
• Lead the operational transition and adoption of new rules and tools by collaborating with peers on coaching, mentoring, and communications and applying change management best practices.
• Provide training, feedback, coaching and mentoring to new and existing staff to provide team members with knowledge and skills to be successful in their roles and achieve operational objectives.
• Work with internal business partners to coordinate and support training on work practices, policies, procedures, and compliance with plan rules and legislation.
• Promote a positive, inclusive, and collaborative work environment that fosters team engagement.
As a Team Lead on cross-functional project teams for large projects and initiatives you will:
• Represent Client Services and provide operational business perspective and expertise, focusing on operational processes and procedures and client service delivery, including client support readiness.
• Contribute to business requirement development and identify when input from internal specialists across Client Services is required and collaborate with these individuals to explore how best to ensure operational business requirements are captured and understood.
• Identify opportunities to advance service delivery and generate business efficiencies through emerging client service business processes in support of plan changes and pension modernization initiatives.
• Perform impact analysis to identify risks from an operational business perspective and support the implementation of resolutions and mitigation strategies.
• Coordinate and support change management activities related to the projects and initiatives, such as communications, training, and execution, in collaboration with business partners to support the successful implementation of project and initiative outcomes.
• Strong and detailed knowledge of pension policies, procedures, and practices, and other legislation (e.g. Income Tax Act, Employment Standards Act, and Pension Benefits Act), and subject matter expertise in at least one pension life cycle event.
• Strong client orientation and commitment to excellence in client service delivery. With your demonstrated expertise and experience in taking ownership of client service issue resolution and providing group leadership in a complex client services delivery environment.
• Ability to effectively respond to changing circumstances and demands, which may include Call Centre leadership and transaction execution, to address high demand and sensitive client needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to provide guidance, support and direction to employees, and leadership on cross-functional project teams. You embrace a culture of teamwork and collaboration and effectively build trusted relationships and manage expectations with clients and team members.
• Well-developed and demonstrated organizational and time management skills allow you to proactively plan, assign, monitor, and assess workload levels and employees’ technical abilities to meet quality expectations and service level agreements, and effectively support multiple projects and initiatives.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate operational business objectives, requirements and priorities, and explain technical information regarding policies, processes and procedures to a wide variety of audiences and to adjust your communication style as required.
• Ability to effectively resolve demanding and multi-layered situations with good judgement, tact and diplomacy.
• Results-orientation and a solutions-focus and demonstrated analytical and problem‐solving skills allow you to interpret and identify trends, issues, risks and client requirements, and resolve issues as required or implement mitigation strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative to think beyond current systems and business structures allow you to identify, resolve and implement transactional and advisory service opportunities and support their implementation within a transactional team or on a project team.
• Resilience, flexibility and adaptability to adjust your approach with concurrent and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A strong commitment to continuous learning and proactively seek opportunities to develop skills, knowledge, and leadership ability.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process.
Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.