Senior Employer Relations Strategist
Strategic Communications & Client Engagement
Ontario Pension Board’s (OPB) Strategic Communications & Client Engagement branch is currently seeking a seasoned Senior Employer Relations Strategiest. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Manager, Employer Relations in leading the development, design, planning and implementation of OPB’s proactive employer relations strategy to address the needs of OPB’s participating employers and other stakeholders. As a trusted advisor, you will establish and maintain strategic relationships with participating Ministry and Agency employers as well as key internal stakeholders. You will leverage your excellent relationship management skills to provide trusted guidance, direction and support to representatives and consistently strengthen partnerships.
You will champion the value of the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) and develop and execute educational materials to proactively enhance employers’ awareness of the value of membership in the PSPP as well as advocate for OPB’s Advise & Protect vision. You will lead presentations and educational programs to help employers understand how to fulfil their pension reporting responsibilities, how to use our employer portal as well as specialized education programs as required.
You’ll proactively monitor the delivery of services to employers, identifying emerging trends, opportunities, and risks, and make recommendations to help ensure timely resolution of issues as well as strategies that will help enhance our partnerships with employers. You demonstrate ownership across a broad range of responsibilities, including developing strong partnerships with employers so they see OPB as a trusted resource, developing and delivering tailored communication and education materials, and collaborating closely with key internal partners on technical solutions to consistently deliver process enhancements for employers.
As a brand ambassador for OPB, you will partner with employers as a strategic resource, as they navigate pension impacts of various HR strategies and tactical plans.
Occasional travel across Ontario/Canada is required for this position, as needed.
• You possess a comprehensive knowledge of Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) provisions and pension standards legislation (specifically the Pension Benefits Act, Public Service Pension Act & Income Tax Act).
• With exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills, you are a strong communicator who builds and maintains effective strategic partnerships with stakeholders.
• You have a proven track record of delivering results, transforming strategic objectives into tactical plans and executing on those plans within set deadlines.
• You consistently demonstrate excellent judgement enabling you to develop sound recommendations, identify risks in service delivery and execute effective strategies to mitigate risks, even in ambiguous situations.
• As a skilled presenter, you have the ability to distil complex technical information into informative, accurate and engaging educational materials and programs for your target audience and deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
• You have strong written communication skills to develop a variety of materials to support audiences across different channels.
• With a strong commitment to continuous learning, you embrace a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
Please submit your resume if you are interested in this exciting opportunity.
The competition will remain open until a successful candidate is selected or until the competition is closed.
This competition is open to all employees of OPB and has been posted on LinkedIn. OPB is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise OPB if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
OPB is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity and inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.