At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you’ll make
As a Product Manager you will have an exciting opportunity to build the best online shopping experience for millions of customers nationwide. You will work closely with a Product Lead, peers, & stakeholders to execute on the product vision and strategy for the customer experience by contributing to the product roadmap & collaborating with design & engineering to bring that roadmap to life.
We are looking for a candidate who is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience, learns from their successes & failures, has a bias for action, and find a solution for any problem. You will need the ability to make difficult trade-offs while working in a fast paced, analytical and experimentation-driven environment. The right candidate will bring a good mix of experience with product management skill set, eCommerce, and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
What you’ll do
- Help bring changes, improvements and updates to the PC Express experience on web and app that support our customers’ jobs-to-be-done
- Build a product roadmap, leveraging a deep understanding of our customers, vendors, technology, and team, that supports customers and aligns to internal business strategy and goals
- Help define goals and KPIs to measure success of the roadmap. Report on metrics that ladder up to overall OKRs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product, operations, technology, design, marketing, research, and customer service, to ensure that we build lean and scalable features with clear intent and at high velocity
- Own the backlog including prioritization, grooming, writing user stories and generally keeping the development team unblocked and running efficiently
- Create sound hypotheses for any new product development and ensure we’re making the right investments that serve customers & help our business grow
- Leverage quantitative & qualitative data when making key product decisions
- Participate in collecting feedback from users and translating these finding into product features
Does this sound like you?
- You have the ability to take ownership and contribute to initiatives from idea to launch, including problem identification and prioritization, data gathering, problem solving, go-to-market planning, and driving results within an Agile delivery model
- You have a customer first approach to building products, leveraging research and data paired with empathy to build experiences that create customer stickiness
- You can easily build relationships and are excited to be a part of a cross functional team working to solve complex problems and build products of millions of Canadians
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- You are obsessed with testing and experimentation as part of product development
- You are comfortable communicating and presenting ideas to the leadership team
What you'll need
- 2-3+ years of product management experience
- Solid understanding of agile software development
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and sift through ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Solid understanding and proficiency in using data analytics tools like Looker, Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.