Who We Are
We are an award-winning independent creative agency that aspires to be the most culturally-influential company in the world. We help ambitious brands harness the power of culture to solve their biggest challenges. As a unique mix of experts in culture, technology, and storytelling, we are united by a passion to grow brands in ways that advertising alone can never do.
We are an entrepreneurial business – not a traditional “ad agency.” That means we value resourcefulness and tenacity just as much as we value creativity and intelligence. We’re unapologetically ambitious!
We are looking for a Group Account Director to join Translation!
What You'll Do
- Serve as the agency’s leadership voice ensuring the accurate, effective, successful delivery of all client activity on 3-4 accounts; delivering on contractual commitments as a primary partner and counselor to senior clients.
- Ensure that the agency’s clients receive counsel and service from the agency team in partnership with other discipline leads, Senior Leadership Team and CEO as needed, maintaining a web of contact throughout the client's organization
- Act as trusted advisor and confidante, offering an open ear, sound judgment, business acumen, and relevant, innovative approaches to opportunities and concerns
- Develop and drive business plans and how Translation can find success across opportunities that span less traditional assignments and opportunities
- Effectively balance the dual expectations of client business goals and agency business goals.
- Lead the planning, development and defending of recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to clients
- Resolve conflicts through creative problem solving and acute decision-making skills that keep project teams motivated to ensure best possible results
- Anticipate and address potential client relationship or revenue issues, advising agency management in time for the agency to act proactively
- Remain in touch with the agency’s day-to-day capability leads on behalf of clients’ knowledge; be knowledgeable about their business, key issues, competitive situation, industry trends, and the projects assigned to the agency as well as other communication partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be a model example of adherence to agency process and ensure your direct staff follows suit accordingly
- Be a clear communicator on the team and capable of teaching the internal agency team to be more persuasive writers and presenters
- Possess and deliver excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly
- Make certain the agency’s presentation support materials are consistent with clients’ expectations of the agency’s quality
- Demonstrate, evangelize, and live the core values of the agency
- Incorporate the passion, excitement, and experience of one’s MINOR in relevant ways that inform the quality and output of the agency’s deliverables
- Possess and encourage high degrees of initiative, drive, energy, accountability, creativity, and maturity
- Possess superior scope/budget stewardship, time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Have the proven ability to work in a robust and agile environment, while consistently paying attention to accuracy and quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to find new ways to retain and grow client relationships beyond the core scope
- Minimum 12 years experience
- LA or NY based for hybrid office role (permanent candidates only)
- Experience in financial services or insurance industry
- 4 year college degree
- Digitally savvy, Google-suite proficient
- Ability to travel regularly to meet with key clients and partners as needed
About UnitedMasters, Inc.
UnitedMasters, Inc., composed of Translation and UnitedMasters and STASHED is a minority-owned marketing and technology company empowering brands and artists to forge authentic connections with audiences at scale through a unique mix of actionable insights, technology, and storytelling. UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $170,000 - $200,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA markets. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.