At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The Impact You'll Make:
Our Technical Project Managers are integral to how we operate and are responsible for not only ensuring that eCommerce Technology projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and on-plan; but also ensuring collaboration and enablement among our multi-functional teams. Our network of team members are deployed across all of our businesses, and strategically placed throughout our shared capabilities. We operate as a unit with a vision focused on bridging functions by making connections, inspiring transparency, communicating facts clearly, and enabling solution-forward ideas.
Run technical eCommerce projects that span across multi-disciplinary teams (both internal and externally with the broader enterprise). You will create and track detailed project plans, resolve issues and risks, manage teams directly and indirectly, and communicate status and priorities through succinct updates.
What you'll do
- In partnership with product and technology, plan end-to-end delivery of technical solutions for business and technology initiatives and lead eCommerce technology implementation projects on-time and within budget
- Support business objectives through budget and plan definition management, and identification and resolution of project risks/issues
- Enable and cultivate relationship management, partner communication, and management of cross team dependencies
- Identify project dependencies; work with partners to identify dependencies and communicate the impacts if delivery dates are trending risk, or off plan
- Proactively identify project issues; working with business leaders to drive resolution and enable teams with solution-forward ideas
- Identify scope changes and handle change request process for approval
- Conduct weekly meetings with internal and external project teams, serving as the key liaison for the business and proactively clarify and prioritize business ideas, needs, and problems that require technology enablement
- Define detailed business requirements by gathering input from eCommerce business areas and other internal partners as required
- Manage a budget and contribute to roadmap and resource planning
- Own the coordination of our internal roadmaps across sub-teams and roadmaps with other teams, TPMs, or enterprise tech organization
What you'll need
- Experience leading and launching large-scale customer facing eCommerce projects, business case analysis, business process documentation, requirements gathering, and project management (GCP preferred)
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including ability to work in a multi-functional environment, communicating with all levels of the organization, and ensure sound vendor management
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, retail sector and agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience articulating technical constructs and concepts to non-technical partners
- Proactive and strategic problem solver, ability to think outside of the box and bias for action
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.