Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
You'll work in our UK Payroll team whose purpose it is to make life for small business owners to pay and manage their people. Contributing to new or improved experiences for our customers, internal and external.
You’ll maintain the standard for engineering excellence at Xero, continuing to develop your knowledge
and skills, and supporting your team members in building products together. You’ll contribute to our
cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and
You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You will be enabled
to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate. You’ll
be able to make data-driven decisions that will release value early to solve Xero customers' problems
What you'll do
- Design and automate testing activities that effectively reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and acceptance criteria.
- Triage and solve development and production issues, and be able to quickly track down the root cause.
- Communicate the impact of the problem to stakeholders in terms of business value, helping to set a priority for the resolution.
- Actively participate in incident responses.
- Maintain knowledge of Xero’s current and emerging engineering standards and practices.
- Develop expertise in one or more programming languages and ecosystem specific technologies.
- Ensure all software is running as expected and proactively work to prevent customer facing problems.
What you'll bring with you
- Experience in the tech we use C#/.Net, React, SQL Server, and AWS.
- Ability to debug across a technology stack
- Confident in upgrading tooling and technology underlying products
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure for team's products.
- Able to implement resilient software design patterns
- Able to maintain, update and document team APIs
- Familiar with application and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues
- Regularly practices test driven and trunk based development
- Demonstrated ability to respond to production incidents
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.