As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and deliver a team-based quality strategy within Product Engineering, while also maximizing existing or new tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, and test automation, in addition to lead testing responsibilities such as aiding in test automation frameworks, load testing, and implementing enhancements to support IT systems.
Who you’ll work with
You will report to Senior Manager, Product Engineering, and collaborate with a talented cross-functional team including other software developers, quality engineers and end users.
What you’ll do
· Implement high quality and well-designed test automation under minimal direction of a supervisor or Lead Quality Engineer
· Work in an Agile-based delivery team to provide subject matter expertise on automated testing approaches that integrates with a DevSecOps delivery model
· Develop/communicate personal work plan and the task details appropriate for the on-time completion of all work assignments.
· Maintain currency in technological trends and directions through research/education/self-motivated technology experimentation.
· Directly participate in test scripting, debugging of issues, performance, and load testing as well as troubleshooting issues from logs and other system feeds.
· Act as a technical subject matter expert on applications and build partnerships with key business stakeholders within Enterprise Operations or Product Engineering
· Provide mentorship and guidance to testing analysts on technical and non-technical testing issues
· Have advanced knowledge of applications, servers, databases in addition to code base knowledge to build sustainable automated tests.
· Mentor Software Testers and Quality Engineers on technical issues
· Investigate risk areas across solutions and direct testing efforts
· Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent training/industry experience
· Preferable 5 years of experience in a test automation role and experience with DevSecOps delivery models
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines and produce efficient volume of work
· Ability to lead testing requirements for projects; ability to prioritize multiple work assignments successfully
· Ability to apply testing standards, risk methodologies and adapt testing practices with modern technologies
· Advanced understanding of dependencies in the web service architecture
· Previous experience as a technical testing analyst/SDET/quality engineer/developer or technical test lead preferred.
· Advanced understanding of the full systems development cycle, including test planning, analysis, problem reporting, regression, development, and implementation of business systems
· Wide practical knowledge and exceptionally good understanding of all major technologies used in SDLC (Python, SQL, GIT, TestComplete, ReadyAPI, JMeter, QuerySurge, Jenkins, Cloudbees, etc.)
· Knowledge or experience in investment industry would be an asset
What we’re offering
Pay-for-performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
Retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
The opportunity to invest back into the fund through our Deferred Incentive Program
A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
Competitive time off
Our Flexible Travel Program gives you the option to work abroad in another region/country for up to a month each year
Employee discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create, reflect and embrace diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), we celebrate diversity and foster inclusion through events for colleagues to connect for professional development, networking & mentoring. We are building an inclusive and equitable workplace where our talent is respected, accepted and empowered to be themselves. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, check out Life at Teachers'.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today! You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application.
Accommodations are available upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
Functional Areas:Information Technology