How you’ll make an impact
The Payroll Specialist - EMEA is part of the CFO Team, which undertakes the finance function for all of Xero’s worldwide operations. The Pay Team is a global shared service within our wider CFO Team, responsible for all payroll matters across the Xero Group.
The Payroll Specialist - EMEA will be part of the team responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of payroll for the employees based in EMEA You will work closely with the Payroll Manager - UK & EMEA, People Experience (PX), Finance and third party payroll providers in managing these payrolls.
Please note, this role is part time of 3-4 days a week. With the flexibility to do more nearer to month end.
What you’ll do
- Managing payroll for the employees based in EMEA, including Denmark, Norway, Germany and Sweden.
- Working with the Payroll Manager and payroll provider in preparing and reviewing payroll submissions including company specific payroll returns, tax returns, online filings with tax authorities, pension, health and other benefit contribution and reporting, ensuring all requirements are met within required timeframes
- Liaising with third party payroll providers to build good relationships and to provide accurate processing of outsourced payroll data
- Administering holiday/maternity/paternity/sickness reporting and reimbursements
- Administering pension, health and other benefit contributions, including monitoring pension calculation, caps and maintaining salary sacrifice arrangements
- Administering payroll services in accordance with organisational policies and procedures and in line with the legislative, departmental and auditing requirements
- Identifying and resolving day to day payroll issues, escalating any significant risks and issues in a timely manner
- Assisting with the monthly balancing and reconciliation of the payroll control accounts, including accurate and timely payment of all payroll liabilities, in line with relevant legislation
- Preparing and processing of Employment Termination Payments
- Manage and complete year-end reporting and statistics as required
- Processing payroll related payments on time
- Maintaining accurate records and follow procedures with respect to the proper filing of hard and soft copy information
- Working with People Experience (PX) to maintain the integrity of employee data in the HRIS (Workday/Bamboo)
- Responding to staff queries and promoting a strong customer focus with ongoing emphasis on quality of service delivery
- Supporting the Payroll Manager - EMEA in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in processes, and recommend solutions to improve the value delivered to customers and stakeholders
- Ad-hoc project work as required
What you’ll bring with you
- Strong knowledge and 5 + years payroll processing experience gained through running payroll in Denmark and other Nordic/European countries
- Accounting degree or similar would be advantageous
- Payroll experience in global payroll would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of the Danish tax and holiday system (knowledge of other Nordic countries would be an advantage)
- Familiar with the maternity/paternity/ sickness reimbursements and reporting process in Denmark
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy essential
- Advanced technical knowledge on some areas of payroll, independent and self reliant to come up with judgements and recommendations