In the MLSE Global Partnerships team, we lead accounts and achieve partner objectives by engaging team rights and assets as part of a holistic marketing plan. You will handle partners from various industries with varying objectives, and will crossover with all MLSE properties including Maple Leafs, Raptors, Argonauts, Toronto FC and MLSE-owned venues.
- Lead a portfolio of integrated partnerships with minimal supervision; build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through regular and pro-active contact – continually seeking to elevate the partnership
- Provides thought leadership to partners during ideation phase and throughout delivery; sells through creative thinking by appealing to reason and connecting the work back to strategy
- Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the partner’s business and competitive environment to continually deliver against business objectives for both the partner and MLSE
- Build and execute creative, integrated marketing solutions that deliver against partner objectives and drive affinity for our teams in the marketplace
- Develop, lead and be accountable for individual partner budgets with monthly and year end reporting requirements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to fulfill responsibilities, share information and execution activations
- Utilize data to drive decision making for program optimization and develops detailed post-mortems on programs and year-end reports
- Stay current with all facets of the dynamic marketing mix, including digital, social media, experiential, print and broadcast; equipped with creativity and innovative ideas
- Proactively identifies and manages critical issues; demonstrates resilience and adapts to evolving plans and strategies; where conflicting issues on partnerships arise, able to find solutions along with the internal team
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the "Message to the Hiring Manager" section of our online application.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in a business-related discipline
- 3-4 years of related and meaningful experience in marketing, strategy and/ or partnership marketing
- Experience in managing others with an inclusive and empathetic mindset
- Solid comprehension of general marketing and partnership principles and a mindset for client service
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally
- Creative self-starter, motivated by results and alert to change
- Ability to see the big picture and strategize accordingly
- Shown to perform well under pressure; handle multiple priorities at the same time
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required/ when applicable – this is the sports and entertainment business, after all
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentially and discretion
Apply by: Friday, Nov 3, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.