Planday from Xero is a leading digital solution that uncomplicates everyday scheduling and workforce management by making it easier for businesses and shift workers around the world to communicate, collaborate, and get work done.
Powered by a community of local industry experts, Planday provides a best-in-class digital platform that is easy to use, accurate, secure, and compliant with local needs and standards. From payroll and accounting to POS and reporting, its open API and tech ecosystem is scalable to fit shifting business needs and to build an engaged, flexible workforce.
Founded in 2004, Planday is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark and supports over 400,000 users across Europe, Australia and the US. Planday was acquired by Xero in 2021.
We are looking for a new talented colleague to join as Design Director to provide maternity cover for our current Director of Design & UX at Planday. As the interim Design Director, you will lead a passionate team of experienced designers, ensuring the continuity of our mission to craft immersive and user-focused digital experiences in our product. This role reports to our CEO.
You can expect to work with the following:
- Build, Lead, and Grow Experience Design discipline: Oversee and manage the Planday UX function and team, which includes experience design, interaction design and content designers
- Vision Articulation: Continue the vision for user and customer engagement through the development of the product, connected to Planday culture, values, and brand promise.
- Design Direction: Set the design direction for Planday software products in function, look, and feel.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with VP of Product and VP of Engineering to lead the teams in the creation of intuitive, user-friendly software.
- Drive UX Design-Led Practices: Drive UX design-led practices across the Product Engineering function to improve user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Team Leadership: Line management the Design team, including responsibility for objectives, reviews, and salary adjustments.
- Product Development: Coach and lead the development of the Planday product from ideation and creating design concepts through to production and release, plus monitoring, analysis, and feedback.
If you see yourself in some of the points below, great - we’re excited to learn more about you!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, or a related field.
- Proven experience in leading design teams, ideally in a SaaS or technology-related organization.
- Product Development experience.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, design thinking, and user research.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts to non-design stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
At Planday, we offer you:
- Benefits like pension, health insurance, inclusive support for new parents and generous vacation
- On top of your annual base salary, you are offered to be part of an Employee Share Plan
- Growth and progression opportunities – we want you to grow with us
- Flexible remote work
- Strong social culture with lots of team and company activities
- Meaningful work – everyone at Planday contributes to improving the lives of shift workers around the globe
- Healthy work-life balance and autonomous approach to work. We trust in you and your abilities
Finally, our offices are not just workplaces (although they are pretty nice and well-located, we have to say!). Plandayers are open and welcoming and at Planday, everyone has the freedom and support to show their true self at work.
Our tech stack is cutting edge and our engineering work is supported by dedicated in-house scrum masters and agile evangelists.