Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for driving customer and business value through ownership of new and existing products. You will manage products end-to-end, from early-stage research and ideation, through to implementation and improvement over time. Your impact will be measured by key commercial and customer success metrics. You will be comfortable working autonomously where appropriate, with the support of your product leadership team.
Xero’s Connected Workplaces division offers several products that support small businesses, and one of these products is Xero Payroll. This product is the critical foundation for the Connected Workplaces platform, is a significant revenue driver to the business, and is already available across AU, UK and NZ, with a new product in development for Canada and the strategy for the US currently in review.
What are we looking for?
- 3 years+ experience in a software Product Management role
- Proven product practice leadership skills
- Experience with problem discovery and solution framing activities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Customer centric attitude
- Inclusive attitude and experience working closely with design and engineering teams
- Proven experience shipping digital products
- Experience with cloud and/or SaaS products
- Experience with a global product and teams
- Forming new teams and adapting to new ways of working
- Worked in a lean startup environment
- Experience translating big strategic priorities into roadmap items
What you’ll do?
- Understand customer problems; you will be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ and deliver value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap aligned with Connected Workplaces and company vision
- Conduct research initiatives with stakeholders and end-users, then synthesise insights into actionable next steps and decisions
- Bridge business goals, user needs and feasibility as you help design and ship product
- Confidently run a room as small as three members, to large workshops, while drawing out all the voices by facilitating the right activities to get to the right information
- Lead our product development teams, in conjunction with the Senior Group Product Manager - you’ll take an active involvement in development team resource planning and recruitment
- Act as an ambassador for your team and the product while working closely with key stakeholders ranging from strategy, product marketing, data and research teams
- Work closely with your peers across Xero to deliver quality software with amazing user experiences that tackle real customer problems
- Cultivate a fun, creative and motivated culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
Xero’s environment is an awesome place to develop in: we have a diverse and inclusive culture that we’re proud of. Whether you’re after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family is priority - Xero is all of that and more.
We’re a big part of the development community and you’ll find Xero’s attending and speaking at conferences, hosting meetups or mentoring students. We’re really open in our discussions at Xero, from the latest product management thinking to improving diversity and inclusion.
At Xero, we encourage flexible working hours and arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your real passion for continual learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish.
As part of our awesome package you’ll get Xero shares as well as a swathe of other cool perks to make your time here that much more fun than elsewhere.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.