Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About the role:
As a Senior Quality Engineer within our payroll team, you’ll be joining one of the cornerstones of what makes Xero incredible. Without us, Xero wouldn’t be where it is today.
You’ll be part of an Agile team working with a collaborative approach to software development and quality. You’ll be sharing your knowledge and expertise in modern test approaches and strategies with your teammates, as you drive good quality and testing practices which result in high quality deliverables. You’ll be hands-on, creating tests throughout the software development life-cycle; coaching your peers, implementing frameworks and test coverage at all levels, and peer reviewing your team's work.
We are looking for a passion Quality Engineer with technical experience as well as someone who is #human and takes ownership of their environment. As a team, we are on a journey of improving how we approach testing, ensuring we are putting more focus on automation tests and less reliance on manual tests. You will be someone who is able to coach and motivate others and is not afraid to challenge fellow Engineers in striving for better practices and processes.
What you’ll bring with you:
- The ability to coach, develop and motivate fellow Engineers towards a Quality Mindset with a strong focus on “shift-left” testing
- Experience in implementing automated tests over multiple layers of a system using a variety of automated testing tools and frameworks
- Experience in Agile ways of working with a focus on Agile testing methods
- Experience testing across multiple layers in an application stack, from DB through to GUI
- Experience in Containerized testing approach, with knowledge of AWS and docker
- Familiarity with version control systems (GitHub etc)
- Familiarity of C# .NET stack and/or React would be a plus
- A passion for continuous improvement, keeping yourself up to date with the latest in quality engineering practices
- Ability to drive Quality Engineering Standards and implement Quality Metrics
We will offer you flexible working hours and arrangements that enable you to balance your life and passions. We trust you to build to the best of your ability and will support your dream for continual learning with training and career mentor-ship to help you flourish.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.