Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As part of the Customer Incident & Advocacy Team the Customer Readiness Team forms a critical link between the Customer Experience Organisation and Product teams by playing a key role in:
- Successful delivery & implementation of product and business change
- Identification of critical customer risks which are mitigated through the business readiness process
- Monitoring the customer impact of product change
- Identifying, raising and advocating for bugs and issues, including trend analysis
- Supporting and participation in our businesses incident management framework,; and
- Providing a constant feedback loop for customer product insights
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with key business partners and stakeholders across Xero and ensuring that their requirements and interdependencies are understood and considered.
What you’ll do
- You will have the unique ability to put yourself in the Customer's shoes to pin-point opportunities for improvements and enhancements, and then take ownership of these issues to resolve them quickly and efficiently. You'll be self-motivated and accustomed to juggling a changing workload.
- You will work in a small close knit team and will take personal responsibility for making things happen. To be successful in this role you must be able to work with agility and be adaptable to your role changing and morphing over time.
- Your key responsibilities include:
- Identifying and delivering short term or long term opportunities to support the Customer vision
- Proactively identify trends and insights to continuously challenge and improve how we support customers
- Provide insights to product teams on an as needed basis to support customer advocacy through the product lifecycle
- Present findings and ideas to a variety of people in a way that shows their value and gets people excited
- Ensure seamless, customer centric delivery of product & business change by engaging with relevant teams as needed (ex:Support Content, CX Learning & Development, Workforce, Reporting & Insights, Product Marketing, Comms, Product, etc)
- Highlight potential impacts to case volume and customer satisfaction as a result of product releases
- Advocate for the customer every step of the way
- Understand product issues, how they affect our customers and advocate for their resolution
- Drive fast resolution of customer impacting issues & improvement opportunities
- Work cross functionally to measure the potential impact of product improvement & change.
- Participate as required in the Customer Incident Management framework
Success looks like
- Continuous advocacy and resolution of the Product issues that matter most to our customers and the Customer teams
- Product & business change is successfully delivered with minimal impact to CX and customers
- Post release reporting is effective, shared with relevant stakeholders and used to identify any issues & learnings from the release
- Product teams understand CX and customer pain points when designing new or improved features and workflows.
- People, process and technology issues are identified and highlighted to the appropriate team
- Communication with key business partners is timely and engaging
- Strong business networks are developed
What you’ll bring with you
- Ability to identify, coordinate and be accountable for improvement initiative and see these through to resolution
- Ability to see the flow on impact or consequence of a decision or change
- Influencing stakeholders to drive outcomes
- Ability to task switch and prioritise
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Initiative and ability to self-manage, along with flexibility
- Ability to build effective relationshipsA proven team player who pro-actively helps other team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently within agreed timeframes
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a complex global organisation
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deliver optimal outcomes
- Experience advocating and driving excellent customer experiences
- An understanding of change management principles
- Experience in customer service, finance, accounting or bookkeeping role is beneficial
- Experience in a delivery focused role
- Project management / coordination experience preferred
- Experience using Salesforce
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.