At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
DX Studio was formed in 2019 to help our internal divisions with their online projects instead of outsourcing our knowledge & site builds. We have been able to centralize and scale all of our 30+ websites at Loblaw with repeatable processes and scalable solutions. We have a close knit team that brings all of the experiences to life. We have 2 mandates that we serve:
Emergent Businesses:We help our smaller bricks & mortar businesses get online and build ecommerce experiences. We consult on how to approach their ecommerce goals, and we bring the experiences to life through a pay-to-play model. We build solutions that are scalable across many emergent businesses, and partner closely with our platform services to bring those to life. We also help our clients operationalize their demand & day to day operations.
We support our existing 30+ non-transactional sites with regular updates, and special marketing projects. Sites include loblaw.ca
to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Lead Product Strategy for each of our emergent business clients, and work with their business leaders to understand their business goals and aspirations in bringing their ecommerce vision to life. You will also own the strategy for scalable delivery of our projects using common components and services so that we can scale our operations to support many businesses in the years to come.
- Partner with our Platform Organization- Part of our larger Loblaw Digital strategy is to drive the adoption & evolution of Helios: our LD platform. You will build strong relationships with the platform org, and maximize the usage of their capabilities in our new ecommerce builds.
- Manage the team: It is a small and mighty team who manages the DX Initiatives today- 1 Product Manager who owns the Emergent Business track, and 1 Product/program coordinator owns the Marketing support track. You’ll lead and mentor this team to build a high performing team.
- Client Management: This role owns the client relationships and budget for all work that the DX Studio embarks on, and works through the funding for each project with support from the program managers.
- Product Management Processes- Drive implementation of strong processes, and continual improvements in ways of working to ensure that we have good alignment and communication amongst our team and other businesses. You’ll also contribute to the evolution of our product craft here at LD.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You have 5+ years of product management experience and 2+ years of people management experience preferably in development of experiences in a ecomm/retail environment
- You are a multi-tasker, you can manage different priorities, strategies and visions at the same time.
- You have a proven history of strong Stakeholder relationships and are able to navigate delicate client management situations.
- You thrive on mentoring, coaching & levelling up your team of product managers
- You are able to lead despite ambiguity & drive towards outcomes for your product area
- You have a solid understanding and proficiency in using data analytics tools like Looker, Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.