Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Reporting & Insights group plays a pivotal role in providing comprehensive support to internal stakeholders, focusing on maximizing the use of our data to drive strategic outcomes for the Customer group. Our overarching mission is to not only identify, but also implement scalable data solutions, fostering greater confidence in data among stakeholders, ultimately resulting in strategic successes.
How you'll make an impact
In this role, your primary responsibility is collaborating closely with the broader Customer Experience Leadership group, Customer Incidents & Advocacy, and Customer Technology teams. Your competitive edge lies in your unique ability to seamlessly blend strong technical expertise with adeptness in navigating strategic discussions and influencing senior leaders, thereby delivering impactful technical solutions.
In addition to upholding our existing data resources, a significant aspect of this role involves direct engagement with senior stakeholders to translate the strategy and program initiatives into actionable solutions. You excel at deciphering intricate problems and transforming them into data-driven solutions. On a day-to-day basis, your tasks will revolve around designing and implementing intricate data pathways to enable self-service solutions, with the ultimate aim of optimizing system performance, enhancing operational efficiency, and facilitating strategic outcomes for the group. Your proficiency in SQL, mixpanel, R, or Python, coupled with an understanding of data engineering practices like DBT, empowers you to excel in this role.
What you'll do
Building rapid and robust working relationships with key business partners across Xero is integral to your role, as it ensures that collective requirements and interdependencies are thoroughly understood and taken into account. This extends to collaborating closely with data engineering and architecture teams. Professionalism, approachable, and proactive are all attributes for success in this role.
- Maintain all business as usual reporting for CX & CXLT
- Use your data analysis skills to design, build, and automate solutions for stakeholders
- Provide technical oversight and support for the R&I team
- Balance your time in directly supporting our global CX leadership team & seeing technical solutions through
- Providing analysis, advice, and recommendations to continually improve business wider performance improvement
- Frequently collaborate with stakeholders offering thought leadership on using data to solve business problems.
What you'll bring
- Expert in SQL along with the ability to resolve complex issues through sound analytical decision making processes.
- Experience in statistical analysis tools such as R or Python is desirable
- Experience working with Data Engineering concepts such as DBT
- Experience in Salesforce and Google Analytics, or MixPanel
- Excellent communication skills & presentation skills
- 5+ experience in Data Analytics
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.