Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As the Data Science Manager in the Data & Analytics team, you will be responsible for delivering high quality data science frameworks to enable fast decision making and strategic design. The Data & Analytics team is responsible for empowering Xero to deliver successful digital, product, customer & marketing outcomes through actionable insights. We enable digital , marketing and product teams with key information to; understand the current trends, customer and scape, inform and motivate customer behavior and shape customer, product & marketing strategy.
What you'll do:
- Apply your existing experience and skills to leverage AI, machine learning, NLP and other related methodologies and techniques at a national scale
- Conduct data analysis, data exploration, data profiling and statistical analysis to support improve performance across all departments of the business
- Liaise with solution architect data engineering, data analysts, dataOps, business analysts and other developers to ensure all deliveries are supported by the correct architectural implementation.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on data quality-related activities
- Research opportunities and drive innovation through innovation and experimenting
- By on top of new data and machine learning technologies
- Mentor team members on how to solve analytical, data and technical challenges
- Measure, benchmark and analyse the performance of Xero’s digital experiences across multiple platforms and channels
- Comply with the procedures and processes used within the Data & Analytics team, ensuring all work undertaken is executed consistently and professionally; being comfortable working with and around a professional software development team; SDLC, GIT and TDD
- Be a major contributor to and advocate for driving a culture of data literacy within your portfolio and ensuring that future decisions are based on facts
- Present complex analysis to stakeholders, in a simple and compelling way
Success looks like
- Ensures team is set up for success, and they can deliver timely, relevant and accurate data science frameworks in order to meet the needs of the business community
- Takes initiative in providing insights based on good contextual knowledge that can help improve our customer experience, marketing efficiency with Xero
- Be a strong team player and can manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Prioritises and takes responsibility for work requested by your portfolio area, demonstrates high levels of accountability and delivers on schedule
- Provides consulting and thought leadership to your stakeholders
- Demonstrates a focus on continual self improvement, across both the technical and business aspects of delivering data science
- Data is able to be used to create decision making systems which will help Xero proactively manage the customer experience, marketing growth, and improve conversion rate throughout their journey
- The Data science community is thriving through your active participation and sharing of knowledge, insights, initiatives and expertise
- Digital, Marketing & Product teams and leadership leverage learnings from data insights and make better fact based business decisions from it
- Data-driven customer solutions are built, ranging from models to findings which changes actions, creates measurable improved customer value as well as revenue impact
- Programme recommendations and decisions are supported by robust data analysis
- Programme experiments can be measured effectively
What you’ll bring with you
- 7-10+ years or more experience in data analytics & science
- Data and Science leadership experience and exceptional professional maturity, having a solid understanding of how to make things happen within an organisation
- Experience in building customer segmentation models
- Extensive experience in building predictive models
- Must have digital or tech industry experience
- Demonstrated experience of data cleaning and manipulation.
- Experience with unstructured data sources such as with XML, JSON
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Experience delivering analytics in the form of visualisations and interactive dashboards
- Experience participating in scrum-based agile teams
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.