At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you’ll make
As the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships, you will influence and execute the strategy for managing Loblaw Digital’s existing delivery partners and evaluating potential technology innovations in the market. You will build relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders, becoming a thought leader and key contributor to inform how partners and technology solutions can either accelerate our roadmap and/or add a new capability that enhances the customer experience for the millions of Canadians we serve. You will bring a passion for having a finger on the pulse of the latest market and technology trends, and a talent for bringing new opportunities to life through cross-functional collaboration, strategic thinking, and project execution.
What You'll Do
- Work with stakeholders across Loblaw Companies Limited and Loblaw Digital to identify opportunities where value can be created by existing and new partnerships with external companies
- Stay on top of market and technology trends, build external relationships, and be a key liaison between external companies and Loblaw Digital stakeholders
- Identify and meet with prospective strategic partners
- Be a thought partner to the business leaders to help create presentations to communicate the business rationale for a new partnership and/or update the business on the status with an existing partner
- Help evaluate, drive decisions on, and launch new partnerships from idea to POC, including developing business cases, detailed financial models, and project plans
- Support and lead negotiations with existing and potential partners to maximize the success of a partnership and benefit to Loblaws
- Manage ongoing relationships with established partners, while tracking the progress, impact, and key learnings from these partnerships
- Contribute to a positive work environment that promotes exemplary service to the business, quality, innovation, and teamwork
Does this Sound Like You?
- More than 7 years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional project leadership experience
- Experience negotiating and contracting
- Strong understanding of the e-commerce industry and current technology trends
- Ability to lead financial analysis, modeling, storytelling and presentation building; ability to build financial business cases to provide recommendations and highlight financial implications
- Ability to build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort operating in ambiguous and fast-paced environments, and flexing between high-level strategic thinking and detail-oriented timely project management
- Stellar communication skills, both written and oral, and confidence in presenting ideas with impact to senior leaders
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.