At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The impact you'll make
As a Digital Studio Artist, you will primarily be responsible for adapting existing creative into multiple formats that are consistent with our brand guidelines for Shoppers Drug Mart. Additionally, you will occasionallydesign creative assets and see them through to studio production stage. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills and creative aptitude, who can handle multiple projects at once. You will report into the Digital Design Lead, Digital Experience.
What you'll do
- Be accountable for brand consistency across campaigns and assets.
- Be meticulous with details – both in file organization, naming structures, and nuances across digital assets.
- Balance and manage your own workload according to the established business priorities.
- Ensuring deliverables are high quality and on time.
- Adapt existing creative into multiple digital formats
- Create and update existing creative for site and email
- Help review and vet incoming creative from internal and external teams
- Present design solutions to key stakeholders
- Establish process improvements and opportunities for increased efficiency and automation
- Develop and maintain style and asset guidelines for internal teams and external vendors
- Be detailed in your organization of projects. This includes management of project briefs, awareness of project specs, deadlines, files, etc
- Work closely with designers, copywriters, and stakeholders in supporting execution for various creative outputs (including web, email, social, display, and more).
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years as a studio artist creating digital marketing collateral
- Independent and improvement-oriented with the readiness to own and evolve production design practices
- A strong portfolio – only those with a portfolio will be considered.
- Advanced proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of web design processes and best practices, including image optimization, responsive design, and AODA accessibility compliance.
- Proficiency in typography.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Open-minded and able to use constructive feedback.
- Experience working on platforms such as Jira and Coda considered an asset
- Proficiency in French considered an asset
- Basic animation skills considered an asset
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.