Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As Senior Manager - Group Payroll, you will be responsible for Xero’s operational payroll function. With the support of the GM Payroll, you will ensure that all payroll related deliverables are delivered to the highest standard and are compliant with local legislation in the countries in which Xero operates. You will lead a team of regional payroll managers and coach and empower these individuals to do the best work of their lives.
What you'll do..
- Be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all Xero’s payroll payments and filings on a global basis.
- Champion payroll governance, ensuring that the quality and accuracy of Xero’s payroll policies, processes & systems, and governance and that documents produced conform to the highest standards of accuracy and that strong internal controls exist and are actively reviewed.
- Support the GM Payroll to define and lead strategies for the Pay team, to ensure regional and global needs are met.
- Drive efficiencies and alignment through implementation of streamlined processes and policies across the payroll function, including supporting the implementation of a new global payroll solution.
- Work cross-functionally with Xero’s People Experience (PX) and Legal teams to ensure that payroll outcomes are compliant and sustainable
- 12+ years payroll experience in large organizations with global payrolls.
- Proven experience in coaching and developing teams .
- 5+ years experience in payroll leadership roles.
- Strong & proven payroll background, including the practical application of payroll requirements to real world business situations.
- Experience in leading payroll system implementations of scale.
- Experience in new country payroll set-up and M&A activity.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategy across teams and businesses.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and high volume, work environment, have strong people leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and support a growing and diverse team we would love to hear from you.
Applications close Friday 24th November.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.