Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Senior Financial Analyst you will work collaboratively with Senior Finance and Business Leaders to deliver financial analysis to drive improved performance of their respective portfolio and/or business. You will develop and refine financial models with the use of cohort data, maintaining and updating assumptions and analysing outputs to meet the current and changing needs of the business. You will build strong relationships and communicate complicated analysis in a simple & easy to understand manner to many different levels and stakeholders throughout the company.
What you’ll do
• Develop and refine financial models with the use of cohort data to understand current performance and drive data-based decision making within the business to improve ROI and improve our marketing investment deployment.
• Use your commercial skills and deep understanding of SaaS Metrics to identify the levers to drive value, and assist stakeholders to turn that insight into actionable plans.
• Support Finance Leaders to drive faster and better decision making and performance management across their portfolio, developing an understanding of strategic direction and drivers and helping to highlight areas of risk or value.
• Contribute to planning and forecasting for the business.
• Actively contribute to and provide support for projects/initiatives undertaken across the wider business and FP&A team where required.
Success looks like
• Quality, accuracy and timeliness of information
• Demonstrate understanding of business drivers
• Never standing still and constant evolution of analysis
• Ability to provide insights that are thoughtful and actionable
• Building relationships at all levels across the business
Experience needed for this role
• Experience (5+ years) in finance and ideally with SaaS industry experience in a high-growth startup/scaleup or public technology company
• Financial Modeling expertise
◦ Demonstrable experience modeling with cohort data
◦ Superior data manipulation skills
◦ Ability to leverage advanced analytical capability and commercial modeling skills to build complex G Suite and/or Excel models
• Xero is constantly changing - You’ll have a demonstrated track record as a team player to be flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, be proactive and results-oriented and have the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines whilst upholding attention to detail and accuracy.
• You're supporting Finance and Business Leaders to make decisions - you’ll need exceptional strategic thinking and problem solving abilities. Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as well as a proven ability to take data and create a story that resonates with mixed audiences and confidently make recommendations that drive action.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.