Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role
The Treasury Operations Specialist role is established to help manage the day to day operations of the Groups Treasury function ensuring all Treasury transactions and banking requirements are managed efficiently and in an environment of control. The role will develop a thorough understanding of Xero’s Finance Operations and Treasury environment and work closely with the Senior Treasury Operations Specialist to ensure continuous improvement in processes and controls. They will be responsible for all post trade Treasury transaction activity (confirmations, reconciliations and settlement), Tax payments and the maintenance of all standard settlement instructions.
What you'll do
- Responsible for the execution of the Group’s Treasury post trade operations, ensuring the timely & accurate confirmation matching, reconciliation and settlement of all transactions
- Responsible for the timely loading and approval of all Tax and any other payments as required from other business areas
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of key bank accounts for the general ledger, Treasury cash positions & automated mapping within the Treasury Management System (TMS)
- Responsible for the maintenance of all common data within the TMS
- Assist with maintaining Treasury’s short term cash forecasting through the capture and upload of estimates for tax, payroll & receipt figures into the TMS
- Assist the Senior Treasury Operations Specialist with the management & maintenance of user roles & permissions across Xero’s TMS.
- Assist the Senior Treasury Operations Specialist with the timely management of documentation requirements for new transactional banking services & products, facilities & other relationship agreements (including but not limited to regulatory requirements relating to AML/KYC).
- Be inquisitive, adaptable and able to work in a environment where each day could present new and unexpected challenges!
What you'll bring
- At least 2 years experience within a Treasury Operations environment (ideally within a large corporate or banking environment).
- Base understanding of AML / KYC requirements and processes
- Strong understanding of accounting and reconciliation processes
- Experience with ERP, TMS and reconciliation systems. Preference for those with knowledge of Netsuite, GTreasury and Blackline.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong understanding of Treasury operations and processes
- Strong planning, organisational and self-management skills
What we offer
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave - 3 days over the end of year close-down), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. We also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave.
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day.
- Employee Share Plan - own a part of Xero!
- Full subsidised health, life, income protection and trauma insurance for all permanent employees.
- Career Development - grow and develop your skills in exciting and challenging projects using the latest tech with dedicated training budgets
If this role sounds like you, we'd love for you to apply with a cover letter, letting us know a bit about you and why you would love to join this team at Xero!
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.