Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Group Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring that Xero’s financial information is of the highest standard and prepared in a timely manner. You will lead a team of accountants owning month end close and with a great eye for detail, you'll enjoy implementing new processes or ways of working that create efficiencies. Reporting into the Head of Group Accounting, you will build strong relationships across the business and become a trusted advisor.
What you'll do
- Manage and develop a team of accountants that run the month end close process
- Drive efficiencies and continuous improvement through implementation of systems, policies and procedures particularly as it relates Xero’s month end close and financial reporting
- Analyse financial performance and results, supporting and leading your team to deliver accurate financial information
- Be a key conduit between the financial accounting team and the wider finance team, supporting the FP&A and Tax teams to ensure they have the data needed to be able to deliver insights to the business
- Ensure that financial information conforms to the high standards, and is produced within the tight timeframes required
- Provide advice on the technical and financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Work closely with the accounts payable, billing and treasury teams to ensure inputs into the month end close process are accurate and managed efficiently, work cross functionally on projects with these teams to ensure any changes to their areas are factored into month end close as necessary
- Participate in significant corporate or company-wide finance projects and initiatives as directed by the EGM - Accounting and Head of Group Accounting
What you'll bring
- 7+ years’ experience in finance roles, either in a large corporate or big 4 accounting firm
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, standards and processes
- Appropriate qualification, for example CA or equivalent
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Strong planning, organisational and self management skills
- A genuine team player who works collaboratively with and contributes to the function of a high performing team
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills in both formal and informal settings
What we offer
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave - 3 days over the end of year close-down), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. We also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave.
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day.
- Employee Share Plan - own a part of Xero!
- Full subsidised health, life, income protection and trauma insurance for all permanent employees.
- Career Development - grow and develop your skills in exciting and challenging projects using the latest tech with dedicated training budgets
If this role sounds like you, we'd love for you to apply with a cover letter, letting us know a bit about you and why you would love to join us at Xero!
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.