Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As the Head of Group Accounting you’ll be a senior member of the wider Accounting team working within our global Finance team. You’ll be responsible for Xero’s month end close process, and accounts payable function. You’ll be driven, be a strong leader and will enjoy creating operational efficiency. You’ll have strong relationships throughout the business and be a trusted advisor to the business and executive
What you'll do
- Own the the month end close process, embedding efficiencies and improvements
- Drive efficiencies and alignment through implementation of systems, policies and procedures particularly as it relates to Xero’s month end close process
- Develop Xero’s financial accounting to respond to changes to the Group and the environment in ensuring Xero is not only compliant, but seen as market-leading
- Analyze financial performance and in doing ensuring help ensure Xero’s financial reporting is accurate and insightful
- Manage and develop a team of accountants to drive continuous improvement
- Provide advice on financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Oversee the accounts payable team, embedding KPIs, and ensuring delivery of high quality service to the business
- You’ll be responsible for working closely with Xero’s CX Billing, Systems and Financial Planning teams to ensure the accuracy of reported revenue
- Support the EGM of Accounting with ad-hoc finance projects as they arise
What you'll bring
- 10+ years’ experience in senior finance roles, either in a large corporate or big 4 accounting firm
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Appropriate qualification, for example CA or equivalent
- Strong planning, and organizational project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage a team with diverse skill sets and responsibilities
- Willingness to be involved as an active member of the Xero team
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
What we offer
- 28 days of leave each year (annual leave, xtra leave, holiday leave - 3 days over the end of year close-down), plus 10 days of Wellbeing leave and 1 day to volunteer in your community. We also have the option to purchase up to 10 days of Lifestyle leave.
- 26 weeks parental leave payments, Xero 'top-ups' your base salary up to maximum of 100%. Available from your first day.
- Employee Share Plan - own a part of Xero!
- Full subsidised health, life, income protection and trauma insurance for all permanent employees.
- Career Development - grow and develop your skills in exciting and challenging projects using the latest tech with dedicated training budgets
If this role sounds like you, we'd love for you to apply with a cover letter, letting us know a bit about you and why you would love to join us at Xero!
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.