At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working within the Retail Media Platform team to build a best-in-class Ad tech solution that will allow internal and external users to create, manage and report on advertising campaigns. You will be analyzing data to uncover patterns or issues, building data pipelines and queries that will aggregate the reporting metrics needed in the Retail Media Platform.
What You'll Do
- Work with stakeholders to develop solutions that support various data consumers
- Help automating reporting pipelines, and build real-time streaming dashboard
- Build and implement robust data models and semantic layers
- Develop pipelines using Java, Python, DBT, Airflow, and other GCP technologies
- Build testing and data validations strategies to ensure reporting integrity
- Optimize data queries in different parts of the pipeline
- Support reporting and analytics needs from all areas of the business. For example: Developers, Product Managers, Product Designers, Merchandisers, Marketers, and Operations Analysts
- Help us in our mission to be a hypothesis-driven product development organization which means data is at the center of everything we do
Does This Sound Like You?
- BA/BS in math, computer science, engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
- Hands-on experience with non relational databases
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and perform analysis
- Experience in data processing using Python or Java
- Working experience with Git
- Exposure to cloud technology (preferably GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Understanding of data warehouse concept
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Proven team player that will work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in advertising is a plus
- Strong desire to learn and to push the boundaries of what can be done to better empower our business with data
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.