Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Senior Account Manager (SAM), you are responsible for managing, developing and growing large and mid-tier Accounting Partners by helping them to develop and execute a digital strategy. The overall aim is to support their continual success in migrating clients on to the Xero platform. This is a field based role requiring extensive appointment making, meeting management and travel around your allocated territory. You’ll form great relationships with your Accounting Partners and also work closely with your Senior Account Management colleagues to make sure that you and your colleagues are working in the best way to support Xero’s success overall.
What you’ll do
- Manage the sales and account management relationships with large and mid-tier accounting partners
- Drive customer numbers up and achieve monthly targets
- Drive online strategy deep within the practice
- Develop project plans to support migration to Xero
- Deliver Xero partner events
- Ensure that a formal Partner engagement plan is developed for each partner
- Manage the recruitment, education and growth of your partner base
- Ensure Partners and and other employees within the Practice attend introductory webinars, events & certification training
- Educate Partners on all partner resources available
- Monitor all existing Partners as they progress through the sales cycle.
- Update our CRM system (Salesforce) with all client communications including calls, emails and meetings
- Maintain and update our CRM system of all practice staff and contact details
- Respond in a timely manner to all Partner enquiries
- Engage in a call cycle (a minimum of every 8 weeks) with all allocated partners
- Drive attendance at Xero sales events and Partner Forums
- Work closely with Partner Services to deliver the business plan
Success looks like
- Excellence in territory management and forecasting
What you’ll bring with you
- Field Account Manager experience
- Experience with computers and applications software, including CRM database skills.
- Experience/Knowledge of the workings of an accounting practice is desirable
- An interest and intrigue in the emerging online accounting market and Fintech
- Loads of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and an enthusiasm for building strong relationships
- Ability to create a quick and strong rapport with partners
- Attention to detail and follow-up
- Process driven and takes ownership
- Passion and desire to make a difference
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.