Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the team you’ll join:
This role sits within Xero’s Customer Platforms team in the Customer Love domain working on the Salesforce core platform; including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Experience Cloud, plus other 3rd party add-ons/integrations on our tech stack.
We are one of New Zealand’s largest and most comprehensive Salesforce implementation working with a team of experienced and certified Salesforce practitioners.
About the role:
As a Senior Salesforce Engineer at Xero, you’ll foster a positive team culture, providing technical guidance to the team in accordance with Salesforce best practices and standards. You'll be a key hands-on technical member of the team, working with experienced and certified Salesforce practitioners, along with Front-End Engineers and Quality Engineers.
What you'll do:
- You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale; enhancing and supporting the use of Sales and Experience Clouds for Xero, with a strong focus on sustainably excellent engineering.
- You will work closely with our wider Customer Platform and Technology teams across the Salesforce platform to design and deliver initiatives that will change how Xero engages with its customers.
- You’ll help maintain the standard for engineering excellence at Xero and support your team members in building products together; demonstrating leadership on best practices, act as a role model and mentor for other team members.
- You'll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.
What you'll bring:
- You'll come with extensive experience across a range of products in the Salesforce ecosystem; exposure across Salesforce Sales, Service and Experience Clouds is highly desirable.
- Experience with full Salesforce.com development and implementation lifecycle including deployment tools and processes such as GitHub, SFDX, DX CLI, TeamCity, and Testing automation.
- Proficient with CI/CD concepts and tooling; advocate and teacher of TDD and automated tooling to safely and repeatedly release code.
- Proven experience mentoring others with a passion to see people succeed. You'll lead from the front, able to debug across the Salesforce platform stack to unblock the team, teaching and guiding them along the way.
What we offer:
- Employee Share Plan, alongside an additional 5 annual Leave days, PLUS bonus holiday Leave.
- Wellbeing leave, Parental and Partner Leave, Life Insurance and Private Health Insurance.
- Flexible working arrangements and weekly social events.
This is an 8-month Fixed Term Contract role, with a January 2024 start date
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.