Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with the business and providing legal advice in relation to legal matters affecting the organization, as well as ensuring that all our operations are compliant with relevant legislation.
This role will report to the United States based GM, Legal and Business Advisory - Americas and work closely with the wider global legal team, external advisors and strategic partners to support Xero’s in-region activities, such as all go-to-market activities, regional M&A support, strategic partnerships, and financial services transactions.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Xero’s Go-to-Market and commercial teams in your region to help drive strategic relationships and initiatives for Xero locally and globally
- Provide advice to senior managers on legal aspects of their defined areas (including sales/marketing, customer service, HR, workplace experience, and region-specific product and partnerships)
- Provide legal support on a variety of partnerships and strategic initiatives, including through encouraging collaboration among project team members, working with other global and in-region legal team members and external counsel to structure, negotiate and execute deals, and coordinating internal approvals
- Provide legal advice regarding a broad range of data privacy and data security issues and advise on day-to-day privacy compliance
- Drive efficiencies and alignment through implementation of streamlined deal processes with a focus on processes and tools that foster collaboration
- With the support of the your People Leader, take ownership over transactions and transaction teams and drive cross-functional engagement
- Connect across the business to support the wide range of strategic initiatives that Xero pursues, including those focused on Xero’s growth into financial services
- Ensure that the business is informed and compliant with any relevant existing or proposed legislation that may impact its strategic partnership or initiative activity
- Assist with periodic training of internal partner transaction teams - Contribute to internal policy and process development / Liaise with and manage Xero’s external legal advisors as required
What you’ll bring with you
- Strong drafting, analytical, and interpretation skills
- Strong commercial acumen and a pragmatic approach
- Practical and proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for negotiation and negotiation strategy
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to take a proactive and creative approach to solving legal issues
- Collaborative, growth and innovation mindset
- Ability to convey complex legal matters in a digestible, plain-english format
- Keenness to develop meaningful relationships across the business through personable stakeholder engagements
- 4+ years post-qualification experience (in-house legal experience desirable)
- Law degree (strong academic results)
- Current practicing certificate/ US state bar membership
- Experience negotiating & drafting agreements in a commercial context
- Experience advising on data privacy and data security matters at a multinational company, top law firm or regulator
- Experience providing advice to companies in the technology sector preferred
- Experience liaising with regulators and statutory/law enforcement bodies
- Experience with fintech or financial services a plus
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Please note that Xero's talent team will be on leave towards the end of December 2023 and into the new year. We will follow up on applications for this role as soon as possible upon our return in mid-January 2024. Happy holidays!