Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use cloud based platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and that is core to driving Xero’s mission. Supporting a culture of inclusion is something we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. A part of that is to support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. So, from the moment you begin your journey with Xero, we will constantly strive to ensure you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
About the role:
In this role, you’ll be diving into the exciting world of mobile (iOS) development at Xero, crafting software for our mobile products. We’re all about driving delivery and constantly improving our products. From research and discovery to prototyping, implementation, and even the end of life phases, we’re involved in every step of the product journey.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of the business domain, which will be crucial in building top-notch software and delivering value to our customers. Collaboration is key, as you’ll work closely with our talented team to prototype, build, and test high-quality apps. You’ll also keep an eye out for any shortcomings in our current technology or architecture and suggest solutions to overcome them.
We’re not just looking for someone who’s great at coding. We want someone who loves to help others grow. You’ll have the chance to provide input on architectural decisions and offer technical guidance and mentoring to fellow developers. Staying up to date with the ever-evolving world of mobile development is essential. We’ll count on you to keep a finger on the pulse of the latest technologies and seize opportunities to incorporate them into our mobile team’s work.
What you'll do:
- Develop software for mobile products on the mobile platform, continually driving delivery and continuous product improvement.
- Working in a cross-functional fast paced environment, you’ll work with Product, Design & Data peers designing, prototyping and implementing product features.
- Identify opportunities in current technology/architecture and recommend solutions; providing constructive input into architectural decisions for new features.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers, helping them grow to be the best version of themselves!
- Keep an ear to the ground in an effort to stay up to date with mobile development technologies; identify and promote opportunities to make use of these technologies within the mobile team.
What you'll bring:
- Previous experience in a Tech Lead role, with technical expertise across native iOS engineering and a strong appetite to think cross platform (incl. Android & Web).
- Ability to make code design decisions for all teams’ products, and lead or facilitate discussions on application design.
- You'll be able to ensure team products meet Xero's various engineering standards. - Experience in auditing teams codebases, aiming to maintain high standards for security, testability, and ability to make changes easily.
- Proven leadership capabilities, with experience in coaching and mentoring engineers across multiple disciplines. You'll be a robust, resilient, and #human leader with a strong drive to take ownership of the technical direction of the team and product.
- Previous exposure to working in similar product based environment to Xero, with collaboration being a key part of your typical working model.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for a role at Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Please note that Xero's talent team will be on leave towards the end of December 2023 and into the new year. We will follow up on applications for this role as soon as possible upon our return in mid-January 2024. Happy holidays!