At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
The Impact You'll Make:
Our Technical Program Managers are integral to how we operate at Loblaw Digital. Responsible for ensuring eCommerce Technology initiatives are delivered on-plan in collaboration amongst our cross-functional teams. Our network of team members are deployed across all our businesses, and strategically placed throughout our shared capabilities. We operate as a unit with a vision focused on bridging functions by making connections, inspiring transparency, communicating facts clearly, and enabling solution-forward ideas.
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) you will manage initiatives that span across multi-disciplinary teams (both internal at Loblaw Digital and externally with the broader enterprise). Creating and tracking detailed plans, manage, and resolve issues and risks, work alongside integrated teams, and communicating status and priorities through succinct updates. Not just managing projects, also contributing to helping build and run our businesses!
What you'll do
- Lead end-to-end plan and delivery management of technical solutions for business and technology initiatives
- Enable and cultivate relationship management, handle cross team dependencies, including scoping, planning, prioritization, escalation, capacity planning, and management of cross-functional alignment
- Partner with product, technology, business, and cross-functional partners to support business objectives through plan definition management, delivery management, proactive resolution of project risks/issues, and cross-functional roadmap efficiencies
- Drive technical delivery and lead technical project management by bringing teams together to proactively plan and align on strategies that are both interim solutions, and long-term investments
What you'll need
- 3+ years of experience managing and launching large-scale technology projects, preferably consumer facing eCommerce projects across web and mobile technologies (retail experience an asset)
- Experience managing projects: in cloud environments, especially Google Cloud Platform (GCP); ecommerce microservices design and delivery; requiring data engineering work, building data pipelines, and automating processes preferred
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills including ability to work in a cross-functional environment, communicating technical constructs and concepts to non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization clearly and succinctly
- Proven experience leveraging agile/scrum methodologies while driving clear action and ownership
- Strategic and forward thinker with the ability to think outside of the box
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.