At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
You will be working on the PCid team as a Full-Stack developer, working on our Authentication platform that is used across multiple lines of business. As a Full-Stack Developer you will be involved in crafting solutions to major new functionality within the platform. You will also be mentoring junior/intermediate members on the Software Development team, you will have exposure to every aspect of the software development cycle, and you will be encouraged to express your opinions and challenge assumptions.
**Please note this is a hybrid role - 3 days in office and 2 days role**
This role offers base salary + benefits
What You'll Do
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the portfolio of applications we utilize, along with their respective strengths and weaknesses, to provide solutions to existing and future challenges.
- Help modernize the way we work—such as making developer onboarding more seamless, helping build out our automation, implementing chaos testing, etc.
- Make our solutions leverage less from our third party partners (which tend to block us), and build more technology in-house.
- Assist in the design of software components to enhance our portfolio.
- Construct design documents and documentation to aid in maintenance and code reuse.
- Through your knowledge of industry trends and tools, together with your own experiences, work with the team to improve our software, our environment, and our process.
- Provide guidance and direction to the development teams to tear down obstacles and keep initiatives on target and moving forward.
- Organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Provide technical guidance and support in resolving critical issues.
- Offer your input and expertise to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work on both Web & Mobile technologies.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Ideally you have experience in some of:
- Java (required), Go, Rust
- One of: React, Vue, Angular, Svelte
- At least one relational or non-relational Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firestore, etc)
- GCP, AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3)
- iOS/Android experience is nice to have (we will give time to onboard for those without mobile experience)
We are hoping to find someone with as many of the following as possible:
- Ability to craft a full-stack solution which involves solutioning at the FE layer, BFF/Middleware/Orchestration layer, and BE layer.
- Solid experience building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- An understanding of token-based authentication
- CI/CD experience (similar experience to one of GitLab IC, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to configure a Dockerfile for use in a build pipeline or for local development.
- You are opinionated about what it takes to produce great software but remain receptive to others' ideas.
- You care about ownership. You proactively seek out bugs and fix them. Occasionally, when bugs find you, you don't sweep them under the rug.
- You are experienced with software estimation, often confronted with complexity and uncertainty.
- You make decisions based on data. You are versed with tools to measure every aspect of the application.
- You have developed large applications in a team environment.
- You are not afraid of changes. Armed with excellent refactoring techniques, you work effectively with legacy code.
- You are a good communicator. You can present complicated solutions to non-technical audiences in a simple and logical way.
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.