Planday from Xero is a leading digital solution that uncomplicates everyday scheduling and workforce management by making it easier for businesses and shift workers around the world to communicate, collaborate, and get work done.
Powered by a community of local industry experts, Planday provides a best-in-class digital platform that is easy to use, accurate, secure, and compliant with local needs and standards. From payroll and accounting to POS and reporting, its open API and tech ecosystem is scalable to fit shifting business needs and to build an engaged, flexible workforce.
Founded in 2004, Planday is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark and supports over 400,000 users across Europe, Australia and the US. Planday was acquired by Xero in 2021.
We're looking for a new colleague to join as a Frontend Engineer.
Every day our engineers design, develop, test, release, operate and measure the Planday product under the Agile philosophy, and in so doing, redefine the interaction between businesses and employees around the world. In this global picture, Planday's Engineering team ensures that our products and services do what we expect, and perform well 24/7.
In this role, you will join an international, highly motivated, cross-functional, and self-driven product team that includes engineers, designers, and product managers. We trust that you understand how your technical solutions help to implement the company vision and that you have a passion for interacting with many different people to achieve a goal.
We are looking for an engineer who enjoys innovation, challenging the status quo, and taking great pride in building products used by thousands of people all over the world.
You can expect to work with the following:
- Have a natural curiosity towards learning new things, and the desire to innovate and grow your own abilities
- Collaborate with (and learn from) colleagues who have a profound understanding of other disciplines like design, project-management and back-end API development; in highly agile teams. - - Actively participates in onboarding and mentoring of new joiners.
- Assess the feasibility of feature requests, design wireframes, and help guide project owners and designers into the most optimal solutions
- Implement cutting-edge frontend applications for our SaaS platform, in close collaboration with our UI/UX team and other frontend developers
- Build, maintain and extend our internal frontend packages, including an extensive React UI component library
If you see yourself in some of the points below, great - we’re excited to learn more about you!
As a Frontend Engineer, you should be accustomed to an agile work environment and comfortable in a communicative interface role within our organisation. You will need to rely on an ability to switch contexts effectively and reach pragmatic solutions through quick decision making.
- REST API experience
- Ability to collaborate with our UX designers
- Experience with version control systems (Subversion and/or Git)
- English communication skills
- Subscription to agile ways of working (we release to production multiple times a day)
- Team spirit, curiosity to learn, and desire for improvement
It would be beneficial if you have experience with the following – but we want to hear from you even if you don’t.
- Microservice/micro frontend architecture knowledge
- Accessibility (WCAG, double A)
- Testing - we use Jest with react-testing library
At Planday, we offer you:
- Benefits like pension, health insurance, inclusive support for new parents and generous vacation
- On top of your annual base salary, you are offered to be part of an Employee Share Plan
- Growth and progression opportunities – we want you to grow with us
- Flexible remote work
- Strong social culture with lots of team and company activities
- Meaningful work – everyone at Planday contributes to improving the lives of shift workers around the globe
- Healthy work-life balance and autonomous approach to work. We trust in you and your abilities
Finally, our offices are not just workplaces (although they are pretty nice and well-located, we have to say!). Plandayers are open and welcoming and at Planday, everyone has the freedom and support to show their true self at work.
Our tech stack is cutting edge and our engineering work is supported by dedicated in-house scrum masters and agile evangelists.