Planday from Xero is a leading digital solution that uncomplicates everyday scheduling and workforce management by making it easier for businesses and shift workers around the world to communicate, collaborate, and get work done.
Powered by a community of local industry experts, Planday provides a best-in-class digital platform that is easy to use, accurate, secure, and compliant with local needs and standards. From payroll and accounting to POS and reporting, its open API and tech ecosystem is scalable to fit shifting business needs and to build an engaged, flexible workforce.
Founded in 2004, Planday is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark and supports over 400,000 users across Europe, Australia and the US. Planday was acquired by Xero in 2021.
Planday is looking for a QA Engineer to join our Product Engineering team as a dedicated member for one of our scrum teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for the validation of the functional requirements for your team and the overall quality of our product, while at the same time being the “voice of reason” and one of the main stakeholders that signs off the readiness of each feature. You will work with Engineers (both Frontend and Backend), Product Managers and other QAs as a part of a cross-functional product team. We are expecting you to bring a fresh and curious mindset around our product quality.
You can expect to work with the following:
- Define test cases for the part of Planday product that your team is working on.
- Execute manual testing, exploratory testing, and functional validation as a part of product development process.
- Raise and revalidate issues (bugs).
- Actively participate in planning and other relevant meetings where the quality mindset is needed.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts in the designated automation frameworks.
- Execute API testing in collaboration with other engineers.
- Review and assess automation code of other QA Engineers.
We are looking for a well-organized engineer with great attention to detail that is eager to speak up and share his/her knowledge and expertise around quality. If you are someone with great analytical and communicational skills and passionate about product quality, we are looking forward to meeting with you.
If you see yourself in some of the points below, great - we’re excited to learn more about you!
- 1 to 3 years of practical experience as a QA Engineer.
- Strong analytical and communicationa skills.
- Passionate and with great attitude around quality.
- Practical experience of documenting down test cases, bugs, and other related QA artifacts.
- Good knowledge of Jira/Confluence and test management tools (we use Xray).
- Good knowledge of Playwright (or other similar frameworks like Cypress, Selenium, Puppeteer, etc.).
It would be beneficial if you have knowledge/experience with the following – but we want to hear from you even if you don’t.
- Experience with GitHub and GitHub actions.
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of WebDriver and Mobile testing.
At Planday, we offer you:
- Benefits like pension, health insurance, inclusive support for new parents and generous vacation
- On top of your annual base salary, you are offered to be part of an Employee Share Plan
- Growth and progression opportunities – we want you to grow with us
- Flexible remote work
- Strong social culture with lots of team and company activities
- Meaningful work – everyone at Planday contributes to improving the lives of shift workers around the globe
- Healthy work-life balance and autonomous approach to work. We trust in you and your abilities
Finally, our offices are not just workplaces (although they are pretty nice and well-located, we have to say!). Plandayers are open and welcoming and at Planday, everyone has the freedom and support to show their true self at work.
Our tech stack is cutting edge and our engineering work is supported by dedicated in-house scrum masters and agile evangelists.