Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
You will be part of the Workplace Experience team who strive to create great experiences that enable and inspire the amazing people at Xero to deliver value for our customers. Your mission will be to “....provide an exceptional workplace experience within beautiful work environments that inspire and enable staff to create beautiful outcomes.”
As a Workplace Experience Lead for the APAC region, you’ll be responsible for proactively planning and creating regional event programmes to create consistency and alignment of experiences across APAC. Whilst your focus will be on APAC, you’ll have a pivotal role in supporting the Workplace leadership team to synchronise our experiences at a regional level, influence at a global level and analyse their success.
You will also assist the Workplace Experience leadership team to deliver this mission by providing information, process, structure, project and admin support to aid in the efficient delivery of the services we provide.
The scope of projects will be varied, including process improvements relating to managing the Workplace Experience teams’ workflows, ways of working research and solutions, using data sources to support decision making on experiences, stakeholder engagement, and communication. You will also have a key role to play in supporting cultural initiatives that help keep Xero a great place to work.
To be successful in this role you will need to work well autonomously at an APAC level and have a fantastic customer service solutions focused mindset. You will have an inquisitive nature which compels you to always question how we could do things better. You will revel in finding new ways of doing things that make our jobs easier and improve the service we offer to the people of Xero.
A typical day in this role will be extremely varied. You could be coordinating multiple internal events, working with teams to maximise the use of space within our offices, proactively curating cross-functional events and streamlining vendor management practices. Or you could be working on a global project impacting the daily lives of every Xero and building community programs for our remote and hybrid workforce.
What you’ll do
- Actively promote the Workplace brand by coordinating and aligning exceptional workplace event programs across APAC.
- Partner with the virtual experience team to execute initiatives and programs of work in the virtual space.
- Create high levels of engaging communications that reach all Xeros.
- Proactively lead collaborations in WX on initiatives and experiences across APAC.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create connection through experiences and events
- Connect with our Xero leaders to proactively drive experiences tailored to specific teams outcomes.
- Participate in global onboarding initiatives for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop processes, workflows and leverage tools that improve the event request and delivery experience at scale.
- Identify, evaluate and streamline external vendors and service providers for efficiency and scalability.
- Use data-driven strategies to optimise workplace experience, productivity and wellbeing.
- Partner with our Workplace Operations Team across APAC to ensure efficient and intentional spaces are created to enhance the experience of employees at Xero.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders including PX, Wellbeing, D&I, IT and executive leadership.
- Promote and demonstrate the Xero values through everything you do; Human, Team, Challenge, Ownership, Beautiful.
Success looks like
- APAC programmes are aligned and delivered in a consistent manner
- Proactively connecting with our virtual team to support our remote workers through a virtual experience lens
- Timely provision of reporting and analysis to allow for informed decision making to support improvements in service levels to the business and/or reduce or mitigate cost to the business.
- Proactively connecting with teams, ERGs and leads to actively provide support on managing experiences
- Positive relationships maintained with the local staff, with the Workplace Experience team at other locations, and the management teams.
What you’ll bring with you
- Minimum of 4 years of working in a similar role, strong event management skills and workplace operations knowledge including the running of workplace or event services within an office environment.
- Exposure to remote workforces and considering virtual experiences at scale.
- Experience across multiple offices or workplaces at a scaled level (600+ HC min)
- Understands the prioritisation of business and team OKRs and can work through operational issues with a scaling and strategic mindset.
- Experience in a larger global team that can run in an async environment
- Workflow and project coordination experience.
- Experience in customer service and effectively influencing stakeholders.
- Contract management exposure to ensure service level agreements are maintainedExposure to the travel industry an advantage.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to think bigger picture to ensure consistency is met across APAC
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically to enhance workplace experiences.
- Proactive, self starter with the ability to work effectively to outcomes.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to be influential and transparent with knowledge
- Exceptional customer service skills to foster internal and external connections
- Demonstrated ability to extract and analyse data, identify trends and build process improvements
- Structures work effectively, using tools and capability to drive efficiency and manage multiple activities at a high standard across a distributed organisation.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and develop and implement appropriate change.
- Influence others for success.
Offering very generous paid leave to use however you’d like (plus statutory holidays!), dedicated paid leave to care for your physical and mental wellbeing as well as an Employee Assistance Program to access mental health care for you and your family, health insurance, life insurance, and income protection, wellbeing and sports programmes, employee resource groups, 26 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers, an Employee Share Plan, beautiful offices, flexible working, career development, and many other benefits that reflect our human value, you’ll do the best work of your life at Xero.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.